who needs CHIRP?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
I find that my furuno digital does pretty good with target separation.... Marking some stripers coming in the bay!

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 415
  • 1870f.jpg
    1870f.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 415
Agreed ... if you have a Furuno that is ;) . Other brands might need the advancements of chirp.

Striped bass under schools of menhaden yesterday :wink: (note that the gain is even on +2 on the high frequency to pick up the thermocline more clearly in the bay - fills in the bait some more)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 320
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 320
That furuno is one greet fish finder. I have thst model and picked up two marking yesterday I caught two bass. One of furuno best fish finders. Better then5200 garman.

My unit is the GP1870F. It isn't their high end unit but a great buy with same technology as the FCV587. Though it is a 1kw capable unit, I only use a p66 600w transducer because I fish in depths less than 120' and the cone is perfect for that. The GP unit is a great buy as it has a GPS in it too. It acts as my back up gps to my Furuno TZT system. I like to have a back up GPS and like to have a separate fish finder screen. Only downside to this unit as a fish finder is that it is a widescreen format. This means that the height isn't as high as the standard screen orientation. However I fish in less than 120' so I don't need a tall fish finder and I find that the widescreen format is great for splitting screens. It does offer the ability to zoom and bottom lock (with a great white line). For about a grand, I think the unit is tough to beat, even by the new CHIRP units.

Here are a couple of shots from last Friday where we caught around 50+ striped bass.

Attachments

• gp1.jpg
    gp1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 187
  • gp2.jpg
    gp2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 187
Back