Whose bilge is it?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the great opportunity to spend the day with Kevin on the Megabyte. I was about to take my shoes off before boarding b/c the boat was so clean. However, when I took a peak into the bilge....well a picture is worth a thousand words. PS. - Note to self buy stock in Clorox as long as Kevin owns a boat.

Attachments

• Summer 2008 048 (Small).jpg
    Summer 2008 048 (Small).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 392
Jim - Kevin may have just done that. We left a little surprise in the bilge for him yesterday, before leaving the boat. :D

I keep trying to tell these guys that it only looks clean in the photos because I'm using an antique (10 year old) Nikon CoolPix 800 digital camera with a 2.11 megapixel resolution.

If I ever buy a modern camera, you guys will get to see just how normal she really is! :D
and yes... Clorox is my friend. :wink:

Parker":se4iwlpr said:
Jim - Kevin may have just done that. We left a little surprise in the bilge for him yesterday, before leaving the boat. :D

Yes... a bag of BBQ chips and a bottle of water.

While cleaning up the boat today, I discovered the 'prize' my crew left me yesterday, and I can say that I enjoyed the chips with an ice cold Miller Lite once the cleaning was done.

The water, on the other hand, was poured over the side. :D

Megabyte":3o8acnud said:
Parker":3o8acnud said:

Yes... a bag of BBQ chips and a bottle of water.

While cleaning up the boat today, I discovered the 'prize' my crew left me yesterday, and I can say that I enjoyed the chips with an ice cold Miller Lite once the cleaning was done.

The water, on the other hand, was poured over the side. :D

from the looks of it that's ALL you do with that boat: CLEAN!

how on earth you get that bilge so dry is beyond me

CaptainJim":2577e27v said:
from the looks of it that's ALL you do with that boat: CLEAN!

how on earth you get that bilge so dry is beyond me

It's not all I do, but it is my 'therapy' (keeping her clean, that is). :)

As for keeping her dry, I wedge the hatch open with a block of wood and let mother nature keep her dry.
If we get a shower and some water gets in, it doesn't take long for it to dry with it propped open. :wink:

Back