Window leaking...any solutions?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfish

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a Parker 2320. Front bunk window seems to be leaking. I had somebody come over and put some vasaline on it to no avail. If I had to guess I would say the seal is not sealing. Any suggestions? Anybody else had this problem? How about leaks in other windows?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Noticed the same problem with mine the other day after heavy rain. Opened & reshut to no avail; it's brand new!! Am anxious for other feedback/suggestions also.

Hey Dan!

Thanks for the tip. I should have been more specific, it is the window just above the vberth where I sleep. Not sure what you call it, but it seems to me the rubber is not getting a good seal when I clamp down the window to shut it. Thanks for your help!!

Pat

I had the same problem. The South Florida sun is very rough on gaskets, making them brittle which results in cracking. I called my Parker dealer to ask about getting new gaskets but the only thing offered was to replace the whole porthole - not worth the expense. I used marine grade silicone to reset and reseal the window gasket - so far, so good. In a pinch you can also take one or two ziplock bags and cut them to fit between the window and gasket. The added pressure will have a greater chance of holding a seal.
White lithium grease is OK for window gaskets and may help in reconditioning them. I would be careful with Vaseline as it will eat some rubbers.
Good luck!

Back