Window Piston's- Save $300+

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megmac

Reaction score
Hi,
When I purchased my boat these window pistons were badly rusted and I wanted to replace them. All I could find is the piston for $104 so a set of four would be over $400 - no thanks. I was actually designing custom window piston made of 316 stainless steel when I came across this Seadog piston. Looking at its photo online it surly looked the same and at 1/4 the price, only $20!!. I knew one end looked straight but I was wondering if I could remove the plastic end off the rusted unit and put it on the new unit. I went ahead and purchased and figured if it does not work out no biggie. I am pleased to say it is the exact piston and stroke and mounting brackets are identical (at least at one end) But good news is you can swap the plastic end off your rusted unit and screw into this one. I plan on getting new 316 ss screws. I have yet to mount in boat so not 100% but my eye tells me it will be a perfect match.

I have not found this mentioned on this site so hopefully this is great news and not old news. It also gets better because I found (I Think) the exact replacement for only $25. Im going to order three tonight.

Unfortunately they are made of 304 stainless steel and not 316 stainless steel so in time the rust will eventually rear its ugly head but you should get some seasons out of the new ones. If you were thinking of replacing yours but didn't want to cough up $400 check this out!

Same unit, but need to swap one end with old end: https://www.wholesalemarine.com/sea-dog ... uster.html
Exact Replacement (I think, you decide) https://www.fisheriessupply.com/sea-dog ... 1-321293c1

megmac":4m4pvxnq said:
Hi,
When I purchased my boat these window pistons were badly rusted and I wanted to replace them. All I could find is the piston for $104 so a set of four would be over $400 - no thanks. I was actually designing custom window piston made of 316 stainless steel when I came across this Seadog piston. Looking at its photo online it surly looked the same and at 1/4 the price, only $20!!. I knew one end looked straight but I was wondering if I could remove the plastic end off the rusted unit and put it on the new unit. I went ahead and purchased and figured if it does not work out no biggie. I am pleased to say it is the exact piston and stroke and mounting brackets are identical (at least at one end) But good news is you can swap the plastic end off your rusted unit and screw into this one. I plan on getting new 316 ss screws. I have yet to mount in boat so not 100% but my eye tells me it will be a perfect match.

I have not found this mentioned on this site so hopefully this is great news and not old news. It also gets better because I found (I Think) the exact replacement for only $25. Im going to order three tonight.

Unfortunately they are made of 304 stainless steel and not 316 stainless steel so in time the rust will eventually rear its ugly head but you should get some seasons out of the new ones. If you were thinking of replacing yours but didn't want to cough up $400 check this out!

Same unit, but need to swap one end with old end: https://www.wholesalemarine.com/sea-dog ... uster.html
Exact Replacement (I think, you decide) https://www.fisheriessupply.com/sea-dog ... 1-321293c1
Keep my informed on what you find for the second pair you just bought please. Looking to change out mine

ryderpit":2rk85zjw said:
megmac":2rk85zjw said:
Hi,

Keep my informed on what you find for the second pair you just bought please. Looking to change out mine

Hi, I just ordered three. They are back ordered because they are not a stock idem. I believe these are the exact replacements for $25. Ill let you know when they arrive.

Just wanted to post a few photos of the new Seadog next to the old rusted original from boat.

Attachments

• image1 (5).jpeg
    image1 (5).jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 292
  • piston compare.JPG
    piston compare.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 289
megmac":1hydkolu said:
Just wanted to post a few photos of the new Seadog next to the old rusted original from boat.
Awesome thanks! What size do I need to order? 11-18 or 14-24

ryderpit":3iarzwco said:
megmac":3iarzwco said:
Awesome thanks! What size do I need to order? 11-18 or 14-24

Hi, Order the 11-1/8" to 17-7/8" Part # 321291-1 if you decide to go with the one you need to swap one end with. I think I found the exact match here https://www.fisheriessupply.com/sea-dog ... 1-321293c1 but they dont stock these but can get them. I was told a few weeks wait, I ordered three last night. Im going to install the new one today to check fit but comparing the two side by side they appear to be an exact fit, still I like to install things before I'll say 100%

Here is the Seadog mounted, perfect fit. Also use some anti-seize on threads of screws and tapped holes if possible. I've had good luck with Tef-Gel

Attachments

• image1 (6).jpeg
    image1 (6).jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 267
  • image0 (5).jpeg
    image0 (5).jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 267
megmac":2o7dbxbg said:
Here is the Seadog mounted, perfect fit. Also use some anti-seize on threads of screws and tapped holes if possible. I've had good luck with Tef-Gel
Good information! Thanks! On a side note, do all aluminum window frames corrode and pit like yours (and mine) and is there something that can be used to clean it up or protect it from happening on new boats for new owners to prevent it for them? I’ve tried flitz on a section and didn’t do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishWhisperer":3comd0yb said:
megmac":3comd0yb said:
Good information! Thanks! On a side note, do all aluminum window frames corrode and pit like yours (and mine) and is there something that can be used to clean it up or protect it from happening on new boats for new owners to prevent it for them? I’ve tried flitz on a section and didn’t do anything.

Hi,
Working in the Marine Business for many years I would have to believe these were clear anodized at some point. It would not be good to expose bare aluminum to these elements. That said, I've seen many like this so it makes me wonder. Other may know better with newer boats. Not sure what will work to remove, but I've read vinegar works.

FishWhisperer":22m2h4cb said:
megmac":22m2h4cb said:

Hi FishWhisper. My Parker is 7 years old, and no corrosion on the windows. I added nylon washers under the SS screws and coated them in Fluid Film. Also, I us MDR metal wax (no longer available, but I have a 10 year supply on hand) on all the aluminum and SS.... here is a short video showing my windows and how I preserved them... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtKdSKOL1U

I meant to add; My last boat was a 1986 35' CT Sundeck trawler-style boat that I bought new, and owned for 28 years. I used the MDR metal polish on all the metal on the boat from the 1st day I owned it. I applied it once a years, as I now do on my 2013 Parker 2520. I still see the CT on occasion. All of the windows/ports on the boat are Gebo aluminum windows. To this day they look new. No corrosion. They were polished anodized After they were manufactured, so there was no bending or forming of the metals after the fact.... I will do a video of those windows when I visit the boat in May or June. And post it here and to my Youtube channel; as is the link I posted above.

Andy":vewhlx6p said:
FishWhisperer":vewhlx6p said:
megmac":vewhlx6p said:

Hi FishWhisper. My Parker is 7 years old, and no corrosion on the windows. I added nylon washers under the SS screws and coated them in Fluid Film. Also, I us MDR metal wax (no longer available, but I have a 10 year supply on hand) on all the aluminum and SS.... here is a short video showing my windows and how I preserved them... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtKdSKOL1U

I meant to add; My last boat was a 1986 35' CT Sundeck trawler-style boat that I bought new, and owned for 28 years. I used the MDR metal polish on all the metal on the boat from the 1st day I owned it. I applied it once a years, as I now do on my 2013 Parker 2520. I still see the CT on occasion. All of the windows/ports on the boat are Gebo aluminum windows. To this day they look new. No corrosion. They were polished anodized After they were manufactured, so there was no bending or forming of the metals after the fact.... I will do a video of those windows when I visit the boat in May or June. And post it here and to my Youtube channel; as is the link I posted above.
Thanks for the info! I didn’t think about the windows and hardware having dissimilar metals. Duh... Well if I ever buy a new one I will know how to prevent it. Thanks

Hi, Order the 11-1/8" to 17-7/8" Part # 321291-1 if you decide to go with the one you need to swap one end with. I think I found the exact match here https://www.fisheriessupply.com/sea-dog ... 1-321293c1 but they dont stock these but can get them. I was told a few weeks wait, I ordered three last night. Im going to install the new one today to check fit but comparing the two side by side they appear to be an exact fit, still I like to install things before I'll say 100%
👋🏻 did the https://www.fisheriessupply.com/sea-dog ... 1-321293c1
fit exactly without any modifications?

Hi, I just ordered three. They are back ordered because they are not a stock idem. I believe these are the exact replacements for $25. I’ll let you know when they arrive.
Are they the exact replacement?

Back