Winter Cover 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan 2530

Reaction score
With all these thread on covers and frames I finally finished mine today and got the cover on. This is the first winter with this boat so I went all out to make it easy to work on projects in the winter under cover. Here are a few pictures of my solution. I had a similar one for my old boat but this one is 10 times better. I can actually stand up in the cockpit. :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

That's one serious frame. Looks like it should handle a Nor'Easter as well as last you for many years - just like a Parker. Nice job!

Wow... Really nice job Bryan!
Excellent protection and room to work inside.

Very impressive! 8)

Bryan,, Nice Job!

Obviously well-thought-out and special attention to avoiding stress points on gelcoat. Designed to last you many seasons. :)

I have a small suggestion that might save you some time next fall.

In the spring, before you knock the frame down for storage, take a big black permanent marker (sharpie etc) and mark the main timber where all the supports are located by tracing where the supports sit under the timber with the marker.

Clearly label the orientation of all supports with "fore" "aft" "port" "starboard" and all the pieces that get disassembled should have match-line A-A, B-B, indications on them to aid you during assembly next fall. Don't ask me how I know this might help :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops:

Thanks guys, I will label everything like I did with my old boat, the frames only fit together one way but you're right, I'll find some way to screw it up. :D

HOLY COW! You got to be a carpenter to build one of them things!

No, just a shop teacher. :lol:

TonyAmalfitano":1hhfgr1b said:
HOLY COW! You got to be a carpenter to build one of them things!

No, just a shop teacher. :lol:

The best kind!
Who else could take a pile of raw material and make it into something good! 8)

Latest posts

Back