Winter Cover

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilC

Reaction score
First I want to thank everyone who posted their cover projects. I took some ideas from all. (Thanks Dale and Bryan) Now I'm not the carpenter that Bryan is, so we will see what happens after first good snow.

Attachments

• WINTER COVER009 (Small).JPG
    WINTER COVER009 (Small).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 693
  • WINTER COVER006 (Small).JPG
    WINTER COVER006 (Small).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 693
  • WINTER COVER005 (Small).JPG
    WINTER COVER005 (Small).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 693
  • WINTER COVER004 (Small).JPG
    WINTER COVER004 (Small).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 693
  • WINTER COVER002 (Small).JPG
    WINTER COVER002 (Small).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 693
  • WINTER COVER001 (Small).JPG
    WINTER COVER001 (Small).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 693
Looks GREAT!

I like that better than mine! Sweet with the 4 hoops and it looks easy to set-up. Nice idea of brining the flexible tubes through the main beam a bit and tying them together, should add ample rigidity.

And hey, if your town ever has a parade and needs a conestoga wagon ... you got one! Less the blue tarp that is ;) !

Covered-Wagon.jpg

How much snow and what type of snow do you get in your area? If it is a lot or wet, the top may be too flat to shed the snow (and the associated weight). The top needs to have enough fall to it so that the snow will slide off.

Here in Maryland, we rarely get more than a few inches. But once in a while (1995, and 2001 I believe) we got snows in excess of 30 inches. Both were wet snows with a lot of weight. Many flat roofs on commercial properties around here collapsed, or were stressed to the point they were declared "unsafe."

Lesson: You can build for the normal snow, or the occasional massive snow...it is your choice, but be aware of the trades.

Dave

aka

Nice job!!

(Thanks Dale and Bryan)

It does look like a cross between Dales and mine. 8)

I like the straight ridgeboard desin as opposed to angles of some sort. I think it sheds snow better and allows you to stand in the cockpit.

Just a suggestion. I extended the ridge board out past the motors to keep the tarp from rubbing on the paint. I also wrapped the cowls in fleece blankets.

I may add a few hoops like yours to my frame to take up the slack in the tarp that I could not pull out with tie downs, maybe next year.

Takes a real man to own a Parker wher it snows. :D :D :D

See thats what I love about this site, someone always there to let you know when screw up. :) :) :) Didn't think about pitch of roof and tarp rub.
Dave, if pitch becomes problem it will be easy to change by adjusting pipes, and tightening tarp. Thanks for heads up.

Bryan, i will definitely put a cover over cowl. Thanks

PhilC":15uh5ure said:
See thats what I love about this site, someone always there to let you know when screw up. :) :) :)

Ah, but -that's- where ClassicParker is different! :D

Over here, we are always seeking to improve the Collective Body of Knowledge for the good of the Species (Parkerii Classicus). Suggestions, improvements, recommendations, are all added with the -next- generation in mind. The -next- guy to build a cover will benefit from your version, which is built on input from Dale and Bryan. It's PARKER EVOLUTION :shock: :shock:

It's how we guarantee the survival of the species. 8) 8)

BTW, Nice job on your cover, you've done your part to insure that Parker Winter Covers will continue to evolve! :lol:

..John

The -next- guy to build a cover will benefit from your version, which is built on input from Dale and Bryan.

I took some of my design cues from Porkchunker's and Megabyte's if you really want to trace the lineage. :D :D

Back