Winter storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyo

Reaction score
I have a 2003 1801 with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke. I've decided to winter store it with the fuel tank full. What do you guys use to treat the fuel as far as stabilizers or other additives for long term storage? Hopefully I wont be doing it for another month or so if the weather and Stripers hold for that long.

You can use any of the typical fuel stabilizer products... StaBil and Store-n-Start are two of them.
Add it to the fuel as recommended on the label when you fill the tank and you're good until spring.

Before ethanol, the recommendation was to fill it up before winterizing. However, lots of feedback now seems to indicate that with E-10, it is best to run it down as far as you can get it, stabilize what is left, and fill with fresh fuel in the spring. Knowing that ethanol attracts water, and seeing pictures of that "phase-separated goop," I'm inclined to run the tank down and not worry about the minute amount of water than might condense out on the inside of the tank.

David Pasco a well known (and opinionated) marine surveyor has decided that damp air condensing out on the inside of a fuel tank is mostly a myth.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/myth_of_cond ... _tanks.htm

A lot of folks really like Pasco (mostly boat owners), and a lot of folks really hate him (mostly boat manufacturers and dealers). Regardless of his blunt approach, the boat manufacturers do listen to him.

Latest posts

Back