Winter Storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppem45

Reaction score
I just purchased a Portable Shelter for my 2120 for the winter. I got one that is 14' WX12'HX28'L from ShelterLogic in Watertown CT. It was only around $1800.00 including shipping. It showed up today and I will take my time about getting it set up. I just got tired of covering it every year and the cost to get it shrinked was ridiculas. I will post pictures when we get going on it.

http://www.sheltersofamerica.com/produc ... d=652&id=3

:roll:

Nice!

I would recommend putting Amor-All or something like it with UV protection on the entire shelter after you get it up. I have had one up for about 5 years now and did that on one section when I first put it up as an experiment and that section is noticeably better than the rest, matter of fact it is time to replace the cover, except that one area. :lol:

Thanks Bryan, I have an expensive tarp (weighs 45lbs and I talked to the manufacturer about putting it over the entire shelter and he said he thought it was a good idea. I bought it about 4 years ago and had my boat shrinked instead so this will give me a good chance to use it and it should improve the life of the cover enormously. Thank You for the input and concern

Bryan 2530":9cm8pbii said:
Nice!

I would recommend putting Amor-All or something like it with UV protection on the entire shelter after you get it up. I have had one up for about 5 years now and did that on one section when I first put it up as an experiment and that section is noticeably better than the rest, matter of fact it is time to replace the cover, except that one area. :lol:
I'd avoid Armor-All completely, and use something like Aerospace 303. Armor-All dissolves the material's own lubricant/"moisture" and replaces it with Armor-All's own. When the AA dries out, so does the entire material. Use 303 instead.

$1800?

I pay $175 in the fall for a professionally done "shrinkwrap" of my 21' Parker. Guy comes right to my drive, does a terrific job. No fuss, no muss, and no deterioration of an $1800 "storage building" by foul winter weather. In the spring, I cut the wrap off, and the boat is there, just about as clean as the day it was wrapped.

$175. to shrink wrap a 21 ft. boat That's a great deal..8.33$ a ft.

Do you live anywhere near Del.? I'd like to get the same guy to do my 25 ft. pilothouse each winter..

I suppose there could be permit issues if this is considered a permanent structure. I just had 'em come out and put it up <$2,000.
SnowBoat.jpg

Pic from last 'winter' here in SC.

mildew2":2ggyzznt said:
$175. to shrink wrap a 21 ft. boat That's a great deal..8.33$ a ft.

Do you live anywhere near Del.? I'd like to get the same guy to do my 25 ft. pilothouse each winter..

I'm in maryland, between annapolis and solomons. Actually, $175 is a bit high...he charges $7.50 a foot and he does an absolutely first class job.

He seems pretty business between Annapolis, Baltimore and southern Maryland.

Another choice would be a custom canvas.
I purchased one from Fisher Custom canvas in NJ and could not be happier.
Buy the canvas and amoritise the cost over over a few years and you will be ahead of the game.

Attachments

• P2150208.JPG
    P2150208.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 730
  • P2150207.JPG
    P2150207.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 726
Classic Parker Foul!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's to early to start talking about winter covers yet!!!!!!

Then we are going to have to hear about it from the southern boys.

those covers look pretty good but I like FF's the best - there's NO WAAAYYYY any snow is getting in that boat! And the batts are safe from freezin too I reckon. I can hear Havana Day Dreamin in the background

I like some of the ideas here but none fit my needs because when my boat is laid up for the winter I like to work on it. If I shrink it then there is not enough room to do anything and a cover is out of the question completely, as a matter of fact I have some in the attic of my shop. Winter is a very depressing and long season unless you live down south like some lucky people. I did live in Myrtle Beach for 6 years and couldn't wait to get back up north where we have 4 seasons. I missed all the islands and Narragansett Bay and all the friends I left behind so here I am, I also lived in sunny California for a year but here I stay.

At any rate this enclosure will give me the option of working on the boat on a sunny day in the late fall or winter or early spring and $1800. is not a lot of money for what it will be when it is done. I cannot get a permit to put up a permanent building so this is going to be very nice. It works for me!
This is the first days work

Attachments

• 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 509
Back