winterizing f-150

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butch41

Reaction score
besides changing lower unit oil motor oil and removing spark plugs and putting fogging oil in cyls what else should be done to motor to store motor for the winter

You sure you need to fog? How long is your winter? My F-225 sits for up to 3 months and I do nothing except change oil/filter and oil in foot. You can use this opportunity to ..

spray powerhead, grease fittings, spray all exposed hyd steering
tilt motor down to drain
remove-re-grease prop shaft (there's a grease fitting behind prop)
3 years or so old, change water pump, more often if in silted/sandy water
change fuel filter (the big blue one) check fuel filter on motor
turn off batteries

I'm sure others can add more.

pulled prop didnt find grease fitting. why not fog the cyls. thanks for the input

butch41":2ghhrwdc said:
pulled prop didnt find grease fitting. why not fog the cyls. thanks for the input

You're right, F-225 has a fitting behind prop, not F-150. Oh well, supposed to pull prop and grease shaft once a season so no wasted labor.

I would stay away fro squirting the foggin oil in the cylinders !!!

Why?? This is my first year with two F200's and I heard different things from different people. Some fog some no fog. Can you enlighten me???

bryan a I have also heard the same thing about fogging. I do not fog per say thru intake. I remove my plugs then spray fog oil in cyls and while plugs are out I spin the motor be hand to lube cyls.

Back