Wire labels

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Additionally, if you have a label maker machine, you can likely find shrink tubing label cartridges on Amazon that will let you print your own. They work great!

pelagic, seeing your wiring gives me an idea to clean up my wiring with one of these junction blocks and avoiding the need to run new full length wiring for each item. Wish I had seen an example of this sooner. And this would make it a lot easier to test circuits. I'm guessing this is all stuff you thought of and part of why you set things up the way you did.

pelagic, seeing your wiring gives me an idea to clean up my wiring with one of these junction blocks and avoiding the need to run new full length wiring for each item. Wish I had seen an example of this sooner. And this would make it a lot easier to test circuits. I'm guessing this is all stuff you thought of and part of why you set things up the way you did.

Afitzray, that’s kind of the idea. I rebuilt the switch panel as part of my 2530 rewire. The switch panel terminates at the terminal block. That way, I can remove or replace the switch panel in the future if need be without having to replace the wire runs back to each device, and I eliminate having butt splices in the wiring.

Parker also likes to use harness plugs for their switch panels and other parts of their wiring 🤮 Those are a magnet for internal corrosion that causes electrical issues. A terminal block is a good way to replace those as well.

@pelagic2530 I think we are all humbled here... I know I am!
Thanks for sharing. I'm staring at your pictures as art work.

Thanks guys! I’m the one that’s humbled now. I confess that installing wiring like this definitely takes considerably more time and effort, but it makes troubleshooting a breeze. Plus it makes me happy to look at it 😊

Here’s the label making drawer in my boat work toolbox stack. I might have a slight obsession here.
D936ABA7-BF66-43D3-8855-1921C6F45737.jpeg

Back