Wireless kill switches

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inshore Chaser

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Autotether Wireless Kill Switch? They claim that there is no wiring to install...just use their designed clip on the existing kill switch and mount a small receiver near the helm. I often fish solo and often wondered what it would feel like to see the stern motoring towards the horizon. It is pretty tough to fish and get around the boat using the kill switch lanyard. Any advice (except don't fall overboard!) would be appreciated (other brand experiences, etc.). Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I installed the Fell MOB+ and it works great. You do have to wire it inline with the existing kill switch, and power and ground wire too so not "wireless" though. But its great, push the fob once and put it in your pocket and your good to go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I also have the Fell MOB+ installed on my boat. I fish solo frequently and had the same thoughts about my boat cruising off into the sunset while I tread water. It was a simple install. Mount the unit, put power to it, splice into the existing kill switch wires and you're done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I commercial alone. I wear a auto inflate with plb attached, plus the Fell fob in my pocket.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I run an Autotether when fishing alone in my 2820. It has worked perfectly, no calibration needed. Simple stick-on installation and no wiring. I clip the small sending unit to the fanny pack inflatable life preserver I where when alone. I also have a small EPIRB clipped to it. I probably replace all batteries 3x per year. All told, my setup is much cheaper than the funeral my family would have to pay for. Good luck...

Thanks for all the responses. Yes I do wear auto/man inflatable jacket along with handheld VHF. But I do not have a PLB....something to consider. Will continue to research the Fell and Autotether. So far the only con I hear about the Autotether is durability...any durability experiences?

This is season 4 with my Autotether. I replaced the batteries to start the season and it works perfectly. There is a clear silicon gasget between the front and back piece, I also ran the smallest bead of clear silicon (liquid) around the joint and smoothed it with my finger to insure complete watertightness.

Back