Wish me luck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyo

Reaction score
I intend to trailer my new to me first ever Parker to a ramp in Boston Harbor on wednesday. Supposed to be 85 degrees with a less than 5 knot wind and seas less than a foot in massachusetts bay. I'll toss a 9 inch sluggo or a chatreuse paddle tail minnow at any birds I see. It will be good to shake off the rust and see what this 1801 does at WOT. Should be fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well. after launching and surviving a little mishap in a locks I needed to get through, I spent the day in Boston Harbor and Massachusetts bay. Put 60 miles on the boat. Flat as glass and a light wind with full fuel tank and one other peron on board got her to 39-40 mph at 5900rpm wot (once I figured out the right trim) No birds, no fish . Great boat, kind of heavy in the stern at first but real quick and responsive. Now I know why you all like these Parkers so much!!!

I can see the smile on your face from here. :D
Congratulations! 8)

bilyo

I can see that smile of yours just like Kevin (Megabyte) did :D

I had the same smile last year when I launched my (brand new to me, too !) 1992 2310 Parker Walkaround. She still is my baby :lol:

Best of Luck :!:

Mac

I have not been able to get my 2003 1801 above 35mph and 5200 RPM with the stock 13X19 Black Steel Yamaha prop. Did you replace yours with something else to get those numbers?

I just bought a 13.5 X17 Black steel to replace the 19" and see if that increase both the rpm and top end.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new boat. I use mine on Martha's Vineyard in the summers to take my kids fishing.

T-Bro

T bro, I didn't change the prop and when I first went WOT, I got only 5000-5100 rpm and 32 mph (by both the GPS and an actual speedometer on the gps fishfinder). I thought I'd have to change the prop but later, outside the harbor in Mass bay with no boats around I went WOT and played with the engine trim. Lifting the engine a bit at a time gave me eventual numbers of 5900 rpm and 40 MPH and that was with a full tank and no bottom paint, 2 170 pound guys on board ocean flat as glass, minimal wind. I think I'll keep this prop!!

I'm in the same situation. Maiden voyage is tomorrow on my 1997 1800. It has a 115 yamaha 2stroke. I would love to get those numbers. Is your's also a 115?

PJ

Yes it is a yamaha 115 4 stroke. People do fish for cod off of Deer Island in the channel called Presidents Road. Big entrance shipping channel for the port of Boston. There are good herring runs in the spring in both the Charles and the Mystic and people say the cod follow the herring in. Some BIG cod in the spring and again in the fall. It's hit or miss from year to year (and day to day) from what I hear.

Latest posts

Back