Wood in Transom

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afitzray

Reaction score
I’ve read that the transom in Parkers have wood throughout. I’m curious if the area around the drain plug is just fiberglass? Looking at the plug from within the bilge on the 2820, the area surround the plug is not as think within about 4” of the plug. Is this part 100% fiberglass?

I’m mounting a transom transducer and debating whether to use the spot near the drain plug or a little further starboard.

Thanks.
And before everyone chimes in with getting a thru hull, I’ll get a thru hull ducer someday but today is not that day, sorry. Just curious about the best method for a transom mount.

I’ve read that the transom in Parkers have wood throughout. I’m curious if the area around the drain plug is just fiberglass? Looking at the plug from within the bilge on the 2820, the area surround the plug is not as think within about 4” of the plug. Is this part 100% fiberglass?

I’m mounting a transom transducer and debating whether to use the spot near the drain plug or a little further starboard.

Thanks.
And before everyone chimes in with getting a thru hull, I’ll get a thru hull ducer someday but today is not that day, sorry. Just curious about the best method for a transom mount.
The thinner area you see around the drain plug is solid glass. The rest of the transom is cored with plywood.

Don’t mount the transducer to the area around the plug simply because it’s a glass area, unless that’s the best area on the hull to do so according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Instead, install a Stern Saver plate and mount the transducer to that. Saves you from holes in the transom and from having to fill/redrill holes in the future if you switch or upgrade transducers.

Back