wooden Parker-style boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.A. Veil

Reaction score
I just returned from a trip to Turkey and Greece. We spent a lot of time along the coast. Because of the hot sun and ocean waves, most of the small boats I saw have some sort of cabin on them. Here is a photo of some pretty wooden boats that I saw. They look a lot like the Parker pilothouse design. The boats were tied up at a dock on the Asian side of the Bosporus (the narrow body of water that is the northern end of the the connection between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean Sea).

Attachments

• Resize of Turkey & Greece 2007 055.JPG
    Resize of Turkey & Greece 2007 055.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 556
I might be biased, but I rather favor Linwoods design. :)

Image-B8C14EBD290511DC.jpg

pelagic2530":12n3806o said:
hey kevin, i just noticed, whats different about the "chesapeake edition" models?

Heehee... they are very special... In fact, there is only one.
Just remember, you asked... :D

Awhile back, the admins and moderators of ClassicParker were having an email discussion regarding the customizing and regional differences of members Parkers.

It was pointed out that that there is a Parker dealer in Florida who equips his boats with options selected for the region that anglers in Florida generally choose, and he brands them as "Bluewater Edition" Parkers.

So... Dale coined the term "Classic Edition" for Miss Teak due to her 'downeast appointments' and her (now classic) 14 degree MV hull. :)

We opined that our left coast members, with their double-row rocket launchers, p-house towers, huge baitwells, and high-rise bow rails could easilly wear a "West Coast Edition" or "Pacific Edition" badges.

I discovered that years ago my local dealer once badged their boats as a "Tri-State Marine Edition", but that wasn't descriptive enough for me.
That's where the idea for the Chesapeake Edition came from. 8)

My dealer will tell you that there are certain options that are very popular in our region, and most boats ordered 'for the floor' will be ordered with those options.
One example is the free-standing cockpit driving station. 99% of the SC boats on my dealers lot have that option. Why? Look at any Chesapeake deadrise style of boat in these waters and every one has a free-standing rear station.

36CHES2.jpg

27footchesapeake-0304.jpg

robbins29_02.jpg

There are other items that Chesapeake anglers prefer, but I think you get the idea.

So... after coming up with the idea, all it took was a trip to the BoatUS graphics site for some custom vinyl graphics.
This is the result:

Image-B8C1CDD8290511DC.jpg

For now... I have the only one, and that's just fine with me. :wink:

Back