would you buy this boat???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petecandy

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a question. i am researching a 23' pilot house parker, its a south carolina boat for sale in maryland, so finding out its history is near to impossible, is the site, boat history.com ($ 35.00) worth it . after looking it over its looks good , and i am having a compression test done on it. there is a smell of gas in the bilge, it seems to have been sitting for 2 years (last reg is 06). so i am hoping the gas smell is from a leaky fuel filter also the steering cables are not attached to the wheel, any ideas, the hull looks good no cracks or spider lines, the motor is a 225 yamaha salt water series 97. no known hours. well what do you thinks thanks...

go and look at it. If it looks to be in good shape, hire a surveyor and mechanic to go over the boat.

Good luck!

petecandy":32oh049u said:
the motor is a 225 yamaha salt water series 97. no known hours.

Same motor that I have (1997 225 hp SWS II). It has been a great motor on my boat.

Fuel smells can mean a minor repair, so as B-Faithful suggests... if you are serious about the boat, have her surveyed.
Sometimes a minor problem can bring the purchase price down to where you can make a quick deal.

Good luck!

Back