Wow!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
Is the Chesapeake area Parker land or what? Fishing this weekend at the CBBT Parkers had to be the most prominate brand out there by far. Lots of 21 and 23 SEs and 25 sport cabins. I wonder if the Chesapeake area has the greatest concentrations of Parkers sold. Anyone know?

(Saw a few May-Crafts down there too - I counted 3 2550XL's aside from mine)

I was down there this weekend representing 1801 owners. Your right ... there were a lot of Parkers on the water.

Porkchunker":knl8dxv8 said:
Feeling inadequate? Wrong boat? Black motor?

Resistance is futile...you will be assimilated.

:D :D :D

I love the Parkers and their lines but I had a number of people come up to me telling me how much they like my boat. 8)

B-Faithful":3chsdkbr said:
I wonder if the Chesapeake area has the greatest concentrations of Parkers sold. Anyone know?

The factory may well know for sure, but if I had to go by what I see on the water day-to-day and year-to-year, the Chesapeake is indeed "the land of Parker". :D

Don't feel bad though, there are plenty of MayCraft and C-Hawk pilothouses on the Chessie too.
Pilothouse boats and the Chesapeake Bay just seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly. :wink:

I believe it is a function of Parker owners being mostly hard-core fishermen.

The first group to hit the Bay in the spring are Parkers. You should see them piled up at the CCNPP rips in Mar and Apr.

The last group to leave the Bay in the winter are Parkers. You are seeing them in high numbers right now. The rest of the year (blue-bird days), the rest of the brands show their bows and transoms.

The only boat that probably spends longer on the water are the Chesapeake Bay Built style of work boats.

Dave

aka

Good observation Greg. :)

However, from my trips down there, I'd have to say the most prominent boats I saw were 25 Carolina Classics and old school 23 SeaCrafts.

How did you guys do yesterday?

B-Faithful":1mr1o0ik said:
Porkchunker":1mr1o0ik said:
Feeling inadequate? Wrong boat? Black motor?

Resistance is futile...you will be assimilated.

:D :D :D

I love the Parkers and their lines but I had a number of people come up to me telling me how much they like my boat. 8)

people tend to play practical jokes when the fishing is slow :p :p :p

jk i wouldnt work on one if they werent rock solid

When I first got my Parker we pulled into a marina for my wife to run in for some food. I was docked near the gas pumps just holding onto the dock. This fellow motors up next to me and looking right at me says "Nice boat. If you weren't watching, I was giong to steal it."

I kind of laughed at the look on his face when he saw my holstered side arm.

Back