• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB bench seat for inside pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 1 that topshot 25 did looks awesome now that is storage for sure i tell you that,but like others have said someone out there can make it happen for sure!!! Or even youself,if you have time and tools to do it!!

Not quite as fancy but here's what I did.

seat5_214.jpg

Indeed a clean job.

Im pretty sure Im going to attempt to make one myself.

Cant decide if I should pony up the $500 for the StarBoard and then another $200-$300 for tackle lockers and then another $150-$200 for a custom upholstered top. Total around $1100

OR

Try a wood/gel coat box to save some dough?

Yes! Guys, keep the tips coming.

Any tips or ideas for tackle lockers or pre-manufactured drawers?

I love this place.

Yes Yes everyone with all theses great ideas got to love evey last 1 i tell you that!!! I your not a handy person you def. will after all this forsure!!HaHa

Well, I went to my local Azek dealer today to check the stuff out.
A 4' x 8' x 3/4" sheet in white is $149
Right of the bat I could tell it was not even close to the same quality as Starboard. Just from being moved around the warehouse it was chipped and gouged. It also felt light and flimsy too me.
Too bad because the price was definitely right.

A 4.5' x 8' x 1/2" sheet of King StarBoard in Seafoam (which I'm told matches Parker) is $293 from Jamestown Distributors.

I know its double the price but I think this is what Im going to use.
I haven't had any luck finding the stuff Dale mentioned either. (I'll try some more tomorrow)

ReelyNauti":1attdmfi said:
build the box and order tackle drawers from:

http://finaddictmarine.com/_wsn/page2.html

They pretty much make the best for less just call em up mention "CLASSIC PARKER and they will give u a great deal....

all u gotta do is cut opening and screw em in !!!

Right now I'm thinking an access door like this from SSI

442-2116-1100.jpg

And a four tray tackle box also from SSI

453070000.jpg

As much as Id love a set of drawers and an access door from finaddict I'm sure it will be way more than I can afford.

guys, id love to resize those but i have no clue how. :shock:

those SSI are blown mold abs plastic.....ok but by no means strong/sturdy, they will work well but if u slam doors they will let you know.....

I had ssi on my last boat after 3 yrs not so good ..(they were exposed to salt water alot)

Ryan C":38pke2dz said:
guys, id love to resize those but i have no clue how. :shock:

Ryan, check this out............

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:10 am Post subject: Help with Attaching Pictures Reply with quote
As you may have noticed, the forum software has been upgraded to support the attachment of pictures to forum posts. This means that all registered users can now upload their pictures directly to the Classic Parker website, without having to upload them onto another server first.

Attaching pictures to your post is a very straightforward process. There is an "Add an Attachment" section below the main window where you enter your post or reply. Click on the "Browse" button to search for the file you wish to attach, enter a short description in the "File Comment" section, and then click on "Add Attachment". Once your file has been uploaded you can then add another attachment or Preview/Submit your message.

At the current time, the maximum file size for an attachment is 256KB. The maximum image size for an attachment is 800x800 pixels. We will try these settings for a while and adjust as necessary.

As an FYI, Microsoft offers a free image resizing tool for Windows XP that makes it extremely easy to resize your images and drastically reduce the size of the file at the same time.

The photo RESIZING software can be downloaded at
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe

Once this software is installed, you can right click on any image file in a File Explorer window and one of the menu choices will be "Resize Pictures". Choose the "SMALL" or "MEDIUM" size and the program will quickly resize the picture for you. Note that a new smaller file is created with (Small) or (Medium) in the filename when you resize, so your original files aren't modified.

Please use this tool to help shrink your image files, even if they are already the right size. There is a lot of extra 'stuff' in a standard image file that isn't necessary for pictures that are just going to be viewed over the web, and creating smaller files makes it that much easier and faster for others to view them.

Please DO NOT post your pictures here and link to them in other forums! There are plenty of free picture hosting sites out there, and Classic Parker is not one of them Smile

Please let me know if you have any questions!

full post
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
Veritas

Ryan: Good luck with the project. I bought an SSI Tackle cabinet and installed it in the side of my seat. I like the quality and functionality.

It would be nice to go with fancy drawers and all, but that can get expensive.

TackleLocker1.jpg

Keep us abreast of your progress. Take lots of pics.

John C: that's the same model SSI locker Im looking to use.

I'm glad to see the white locker doesn't clash too badly with the Parker 'seafoam'

How long have you had it and how has it held up?

P.S. we're in the same boat as far as drawers go

Ryan: The SSI White doesn't clash badly at all. I installed it in the late fall, so I don't have much experience with it, but I've had them on other boats and they are very good. I found mine on Ebay for about half price.

John

John Madison, that is the exact thing I am doing to the base I removed from the port side when I put the wooden long base in. I hadn't picked the tackle storage yet but might just go with SSI. I also want to replace the access doors (Which are currently upside down on the wooden base 8) ) with tackle boxes/drawers.

Back