WTH...the new parkers are not for me!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEGAME

Reaction score
ok here it goes i was on a brand new 2820 at the ac boat show and some may disagree but I'm thinking of it from 100nm to my nearest canyon. first the color change makes it way to bright to look at and it now blends in with the rest. not to mention it looks dirty .so now past the color and on to the helm i feel that they use up most of the dash space with the gauges and stuff. so than we have to customize it as soon as we get them for the bigger screen size. then theres the new transom with fishbox livewell and door .. live well full of water and bunker has to make boat list . so again i dont like the setup now on a bracket are twin 300 great but the new laws made them do work to all there gas tanks and every boat they make lost 20gallons so now the tank only holds 236 or something and that means you can only use about 210 if your lucky imo.. the price of this rig with no electronics was 162,500 its a shame now a days how much they cost it makes it hard to trade up! so if this boat was loaded wit a live well full of bait and the fish box wit ice its going to really pound its way in to a headsea with to guys on board i know i know change the trim tabs but for 162,500 it should be a turn key prefect operation and there is still now fish box in the decks imo that is a same and a wast of space these boats are built in buford nc where the inlets are ruff and the tuna , bass are there main fishery and i feel its not up too being i well offshore boat and again this is only my opinion i feel by the time to dress this boat its going to cost 190,000- 200,00 setup to fish the north east some will say different thats my 2cent in closeing i guess the next rig will be a downeaster

I agree. Once you get past the 25 Parker's, there are way better options for the money.

Like you said DE is the way to go once you approach 30 feet.

Bryan 2530":234nlj9z said:
Talk to any seasoned tuna fisherman and you'll find that drops to 28' and over for the Downeasters!

Bryan 2530":2lvxy475 said:
I agree. Once you get past the 25 Parker's, there are way better options for the money.

Love my little battle ship ......But I agree anything past 25'
For what your getting and How they are set up and for the $$$$$
O ya there is a lot more boat out there for a Lot LESS .

The profit margin on that big Parker must be near 100%. The beauty of these are the utter spartan simplicity. i can't imagine that kind of cash for a brute like that. for that money i would go for a used Cabo or Luhrs in great condition.

I have to add that Parker needs to add another engine option other than the big Yamaha outboards. Nothing bad towards Yamaha. I have had nothing but good to say about the engines. But a boat of that size needs a power plant in the floor. And get rid of the engine bracket. Nothing like fishing around a clean transom. Put a Yanmar, Volvo, or Cummins diesel forward in the floor of the 28 or 34. That boat would definitely be an offshore tank. Think about the fuel savings over feeding a pair of 300 Yamahas on the back.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

ceblizzard":qenu8wpj said:
But a boat of that size needs a power plant in the floor.
I'm with you ...

But it's interesting to see the market, I mean look at the sheer size of a dual console "day boat" that Grady White puts out ... a 35 footer with twin 300hps on the stern!

Looks like some segment of the marketplace has more $$$ than they know what to do with ...

I don't know too much about the waters you all move around in, but down in SW Florida an inboard really limits where you can go, as well as service cost. My MV can run places my buddies wouldn't dare to go. Of course i am not chasing tuna but running in the 10k islands with kayaks most of the time. Anyway, every go fast center console down here is running multiple outboards. There is a couple of 39' Yellowfins with quads. they look ridiculous, especially without outriggers or fishing gear.
Well, just some thoughts. Cheers.

I'll take my Downeast any day over a 25 or 28 Parker , and burn 1/2 the fuel doing it :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Sitting better 2.jpg
    Sitting better 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 720
You can't beat the reliability of the Yamaha's! They don't have the diesel exhaust smell, they are quiet, there is a mechanic on every street corner, If one blows, you can take one off and put a new one on, you can drive right up to the sand bar, and if you need to change the oil, you don't need to have a trunk monkey to do it!

With the exception of his first sentence, I agree with SCParker. I have had 3 diesel inboard boats and one OB during the last 8 years. As soon as we can get the present twin diesel inboard sold going back to gas OBs.

I think I agree..... Man would I love to see a 2820 with a single 6bta or yanmar 315 straight inboard, with the prop in a pocket... The advantage a boat like that holds for me is an offshore battlewagon that can be towed... I would love a down east, but there are so many places I would close out if I lost that ability to tow.... I would bet a 2820 single diesel would easily see 2.0 - 2.5 nmpg with a power plant like that.... Otherwise I think I am going to have to look outside of Parker for the next boat....

Back