Yamaha F-200BX

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiffraffWillie

Reaction score
New boat, close to 20 hours of use for Yamaha F-200BX on Parker 21 se. I have noted and mentioned to vendor that the steering seems tight. Not when turning starboard but when steering to port, you have to use a little Ummph. I would think, with hydraulic steering it should be smooth all the way through, either direction?

I noted that at lower speeds, below wake or minimal wake, I don't notice the difference as much but up on plane steering to port seems to be tighter than it should be. Shop looked at it and stated they got some air out of the lines but I don't see a big difference, if any at all.

Does this sound normal? I'm 60 years old but 6'3", 250lbs, and still in pretty decent shape. I don't have to hang on the steering or anything but it is a very noticeable difference?

Thoughts or comments?

I know this is an old thread, but until you trim out until the prop shaft is parallel to the water, the prop takes a bigger bite going down or coming back up. I used to trim my SeaPro by putting pressure on the wheel for a port turn, and then when the steering lightened I knew it was perfect.

Back