YAMAHA F150 Saltwater spray under hood.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABRIG005

Reaction score
Is this common? The dealer says that the F150's sometimes get seawater under the hood and I should lightly spray with water and apply CRC to prevent corrosion. Anyone else have the same issue?

Not yet, no water at all, but I do notice that with the twins on the Armstrong bracket, there sure is a ton of water that gets splashed up when not on plane, but so far no water inside the cowling .

I have twin F-115s, and as was said, a lot of water gets sprayed up on the sides of the motors. Have never seen salt water under the covers, but I do occassionally rinse the motors with fresh water, let them dry, and then spray with WD-40 or T-9 Boeshield.

My 2002 motors with 680 hours look like new under the hoods.

Dave

aka

i will call yamaha tomorrow and find out whats going on
i had alot of salt on the aft sides of the engine
its dry but you can see the salt on your fingers when you wipe an area
they said just lightly spray with fresh water and sprat with wd-40 or crc spray...

Yes it is normal to have some salt build up, but not extensive. as was said light fresh water, let dry and t-9.

The last boat that I owned....a Sailfish 236, had an F225. When I first bought it, I noticed that the trim tabs were installed a bit cockeyed. When I deployed them, the port side tab would shoot water straight up in the air about 6 feet. The motor would ingest some into the intake, resulting in a corrosive build up under the hood. I immediately took it to the factory and they reinstalled the tabs correctly and I never had another problem with salt water under the hood. Check to see if that's your issue and have it corrected quickly before your engine sucks any more in.
Hope this helps.
Good fishing!

Back