Yamaha F150 stalls in reverse.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Regarding my 21SE with Yamaha F150, The idle (neutral) is about 500 rpm's, whic seems lower than the Yamaha F150 's idle I had on my old Whaler. About 30% of the time, when I clunk into reverse, the engine stalls. She starts right up. Anyone know why, or how to fix? I know I can take it to the dealer, but I'd rather do it myself if I can.

I should also note that on the square command link multifunction guage that details graphically :1) engine temp 2) battery voltage 3) oil pressure, when I put the motor into reverse, the oil pressure dips from the halfway mark down to about the 1/4 mark. Then the stall ensues.

This may not be any help to you, but my motor is a 225 OX66 and in neutral it idles at 800 rpm.
In gear, mine is about 600 rpm, so my thought is that you're idling too low in neutral, even for that motor.

I had the same type of problem with my old boat and a Honda 130. Coming in to a dock I would just clunk it into reverse to ease headway, and it would stall. The Honda tech that fixed it had to adjust the "core idle". It solved the problem.

Latest posts

Back