Yamaha F225

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duct Man

Reaction score
I finally decided to go to WOT to see what top speed and rpm was and was suprised to see it only go to 5000 rpm. Is this about right for stock prop? What would be a upgrade prop for some offshore running mostly?

uhh 225 4 stroke? should be up over 5600 WOT to 6000. Were you all the way trimmed out? that makes a big difference

My 225 runs WOT between 5700-5800

5000 is definitly wayyy to low as BradV stated. Trim does play a HUGE factor

Thanks for the help. I tried trimmed up and down didn't seem to make much of a difference. I will have to take it the dealer. I noticed after i took it in for the thirty hour service that it didnt seem the same but thought I was imaging things.

just so you know that i have to trim my motor up almost half way to get the rpms. If not with that much forward thrust it just ends up keeping too much hull in the water.

I trim mine up about three or four marks on the trim gauge but if i go any higher it can't hold it up and you start to porpoise up and down.

what hole is your motor in the lowest? I have mine one down from the highest setting.

Look at the Parker performance sheet for your boat and motor. That's what the motor should do. When boats are stored on the dealer's lot, they often remove props to prevent theft. When they sell the boat, they put a prop back on - the right one? Maybe. See what prop you have and then check with Parker to see what is right for your boat. I'm on my second Parker and both were propped wrong on delivery. My first Parker was a boat show display model. They removed the lower gearbox to display the boat. Later on, when we got the props right, both performed as advertised.

I am going down to check it out this weekend but I talked to tri-state and they said they would take a look at it. Thanks For the Information.

Back