Yamaha fuel flow meter

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update on this: Thanks for all the advice. New GFS-10's installed and NEMA buss extended to the helm. Everything is working great. There are some additional connections to wire in the tank fuel level sending unit. It seems like the best plan would be to extend wires into the helm and connect them to the back of the existing fuel gauge, which is working. I guess the reason to do this is to tap into the ignition power source. Currently my fuel level sensor has two wires that run to the stern and then back around the rail and into the helm... In theory I could grab those wires in the stern and connect them right into the GFS-10s but then I don't have Ignition power... I would connect directly to the battery (Also in the stern), creating a potential power drain when the boat is not in operation...

Any thoughts on connecting these directly to the existing Yamaha Gauge? what plan should I implement?

These are my GFS10 instructions

There are four wires in the power/fuel gauge cable. A Red/White, Black/White, Grey and Brown.

• The Red/White wire is what supplies power to the GFS 10 sensor.
  • The Black/White wire is the grounding circuit for the sensor.
  • Fuel gauge is used, fuel tank level sensor is present: The fuel gauge is already providing current to the fuel tank along the brown wire, so the GFS10 must not. The grey wire is connected so the GFS10 knows not to supply current on the brown wire. The GFS10 reads the fuel tank voltage on the brown wire, and compares it to the grey wire to determine the fuel level.
I am thinking of this all at the stern.

Red = Power (Direct to Battery or ignition - would need to run wires to helm?)
Black = Ground
Brown = Hot wire on sending unit?
Grey = Battery (Same as red)

Fuel sender looks like this (Web sample not mine)

1611613023717.png

As always any input is greatly appreciated.

Back