• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yamaha motor cowling for sale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
Guys... I bought this Yamaha motor cowl to put on my motor, but found out that it didn't fit my 1997 motor.

I do not know when Yamaha went from two hard points to three, but this housing is a two hard point unit. It was professionally painted in the 250 hp power scheme, but it carries 225 emblems.

My intent was to use it on my motor, but because it would not match up with my motor, it is for sale at a loss of $ to me.

Here is the product...

Image-046D8AFDD8E711DB.jpg

Image-81A573AAE7BE11DB.jpg

My 1997 Cowl is on the left. The cowl for sale is on the right.
Note the hard points...

Image-C75FD13BFB5B11DB.jpg

I really wanted to put this cowl, painted in the 250 color scheme, on my motor, but as you can see... the hard points just do not match up. :(

My loss is your gain... I paid a lot of money for this cowl, but it can be yours for only $275

IMO the Yamaha Saltwater Series motor cover with the stylized fishing rod is the best looking motor cover ever made by anyone. Wish they would go back to it.

I didn't know Yamaha ever had a 2 point latch.

Sure would improve the looks (and maybe even performance) of B-Faithful's boat. :D

FishFactory":5e4xcccn said:
Sure would improve the looks (and maybe even performance) of B-Faithful's boat. :D

I'm absolutely certain that it would improve the performance of his boat, but I'm not absolutely certain that his hull could handle the increased horsepower that the cowl would provide.
8)

FYI...my '98 225 OX66s have the 3-point mounting as well.

If I recally correctly that cowling was off a pre-SWSII motor.

This is as close as my May-craft will see to having a Yamadog on the bracket... 8)

(and as close as a Yamaha logo has been to having the emblem DTS without weighing over 800lbs :p )

dscn0007_medium_881.jpg

It is a great hat btw :lol:

B-Faithful":a9f4imc7 said:
It is a great hat btw :lol:

I guess the folks at Yamaha put so much R&D into their hats that they didn't have time to figure out how to make a reliable 250+ DFI motor...or a 4-stroke that actually makes it's rated HP. :D

Megabyte":31hmpz9c said:
I do not know when Yamaha went from two hard points to three, but this housing is a two hard point unit.

Dang It! My Model year 2000 OX66 225 is a three-point unit as well.... :cry: :cry:

Great Price for some lucky CP-er out there...... 8)

captbone":3lfdn9yb said:
I am sure you have looked at this but any chance of swapping it over to 3 point system?

I considered that, but if you look at the photo below, the 1997 cowl I have (on the left) has 3 hard points... but it also has the molded in boss in the center-rear to convert it to the older style motors that mount with 2.

The one on the right does not have the extra molded in bosses. :(

Image-C75FD13BFB5B11DB.jpg

I'm guessing that my custom painted cowl would probably fit a motor made prior to 1997, but I'm not certain exactly what year Yamaha went from 2 hard points to 3.

BTW - I considered changing the motor to a single (rear) hard point, but the needed attachment points don't exist on the 1997 motor.

Image-C75F20D6FB5B11DB.jpg

Latest posts

Back