Yamaha NMEA 2000 Cable

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bent monkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, just got am F250 and want to connect it to my Raymarine via NMEA 2000 to display all of the engine information that it will allow but I am a little confused and cannot get the correct answer.
I called RayMarine and they told me the part number for their cable, a stripped end spur cable with 4 wires. I believe that the Yamaha uses a Lowrance cable to plug into the connector in the engine but I am looking for the correct part number so that I don't mess it up like pretty much everything else I touch.
I know that Yam has a hub but I am just going to splice the RayMarine and Yam/Lowrance together so no need for the hub, just need their stripped end spur cable to splice with the Raymarine cable.
Anyone.....
:?

Catfish":3a7u0a1a said:
Bent Monkey:

I hope this will help. I also have a Raymarine set up and want to do the same for my F250 on my 2520Xl. Read this thread and look up this website and see if this will help. The thread is for a Garmin but it should be the same being NEMA 2000. Maybe even call Jim BOE and check with him. I started on it and got off on something else. Maybe this winter?

Catfish

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6615
Thanks Catfish! I believe I just figured it out and ordered the 2 different cables, the Raymarine SeaTalk and the Yam 30 ft. harness and am going to splice the 2 together and that is supposed to work, along with a helluva lotta luck!
BTW, boats.net has some great prices and if you enter the promo code '0709shipping' you get free shipping, they have tons of Yam and other products.
Once I get the cables I will post back to hopefully help others with this process.
I just traded in my '98 Yam OX66 225 2 stroke for the F250 and am using the same gauges, the dealer wants to sell the Yam Command link SET of gauges for 800.00, but for 100.00 in cables I can get the same info on my RayMarine or any other NMEA 2000 display.
Again, thanks for the help!
Sean

Bent Monkey:

I am sorry I misunderstood what you were doing exactly. I was thinking of what I was going to do. Which is tap into the command link gauges at the gauges and then to the Raymarine Switch Hub. I read a thread here or on THT where some one had done it that way with no splices. I have (2) E-80 displays I want to read the data it on. Good Luck!

Catfish

Catfish":1xz7rw92 said:
Bent Monkey:

I am sorry I misunderstood what you were doing exactly. I was thinking of what I was going to do. Which is tap into the command link gauges at the gauges and then to the Raymarine Switch Hub. I read a thread here or on THT where some one had done it that way with no splices. I have (2) E-80 displays I want to read the data it on. Good Luck!

Catfish
Yamaha wants 800 or so for the gauges, I would rather buy a multi purpose display or another unit of some type that will allow viewing the nmea engine data as well as serve some other purpose, sounder, radar, or?
The 800.00 for the gauge set can be better spent when put towards a 'Multi Tasker' rather than just plain ol' gauges.
Thanks
Sean

Back