Yamaha Problems F225

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It occurred in almost all the engines of that vintage run in salt water. Don't know about fresh water boats. They had it fixed by 2004.... and did a lot of warranty repairs after the normal warranty period. I would NOT buy a used engine of that model/vintage unless I was absolutely certain it had been fixed. If an engine had the warranty fix it should be ok. Or as ok as an outboard 12-16 years old can be!!!

We had it our 02 F225 and found it by a leaking shaft gasket in the oil pan and over $3000 on repairs by Yamaha certified mechanic and shop owner gave us a lot of discounts, too. He was very disappointed and was on receiving end of customers complaints. I think the main reason he discounted the bill that we said it is not your fault and your shop is the best, and take your time and do make it better. If you see over items when inside, replace them

Mid section had a lot corrosion but no holes
pics at
https://goo.gl/photos/MtsXDVrAnULnaoLv8

I contacted Boast US and they contacted Yamaha in ATL who called me with a script saying motor is 9 years old, blah, blah. I listened carefully then said you have a good day and a better tomorrow bc I have been in his spot and it is tough to always support the corporate line and your job depends on it. I am 36 year employee and the last thing I want is be fired and lose a lot of benefits but not my pensions

You can search the archives for previous postings

It is a bitter pill and I have had tougher things occur to me. If I keep this boat and need re power, I do not think it will be a Yamaha and didnt get a free hat from Yamaha corporate .LOL altleast the boat is solid and just needs updates

Back