YETI coolers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonas grumby

Reaction score
I have an 1801 and mostly light tackle/ fly fish, skinny water for reds, specks and flounder. I am considering purchasing a YETI 35 to place FWD of my console and use as a casting platform. This will enable me to take it off and use it on my stand-up paddleboard or just get it out of the way when the kids want to go tubing. Thanks in advance for any input (quality, other options, experience, where to buy, etc.) regarding YETI coolers.

YETI is hands down the best cooler I have owned, and worth every penny... I have the Yeti 45 on my 21SE, it fits perfect on the bow. However, I think it would be a bit much for the paddleboard (the 45 that is).

While they work very well. For their outside dimensions, they are small on the inside dimensions. They are also heavy. Not a big deal on a boat.....but on a paddle board?

They cost a lot. Do you really need ice to last more than 2 days? Some do....I don't.

I have not used a Yeti but at work, we use a Thermosafe hard sided case for dry ice and it iswell made like a Yeti and frequently posted on eBay for ~ $100 (new and used) plus shipping but.... I dont need one now maybe later. Our current ice chest is 30 yrs old and works fine for a day and folk and usually dont stand on it

Thanks for the input. I guess I should have been a little more descriptive. I am a "catch and release" fisherman most of the time so the capacity of the YETI doesn't matter as much as it would for "meat fishing" I have a 150 qt. for that. I am really looking for input in regards to the platform part. There's alot of times when a little elevation would be nice and I don't really want the factory FWD platform. As far as the capacity of SUPs go, you can put another person on one with no problems. Bote Paddleboards use the YETI 35 on their fishing models. By the way, if you haven't tried standup paddle boarding, I highly recommend it! They are a blast for surfing, fishing and just plain old paddling on the ocean or rivers. Standing over a school of fish without spooking them is awesome! I broke down and bought one for each kid and the Boss Lady this fall, I got tired of them snagging mine! :lol:

I am 6'3 230lbs and stand on my Yeti 45 with zero issues! Again, I am sold on the cooler...the construction alone shows the value. I am a believer in you get what you pay for... To each his own, I suppose. 8)

I have a tundra 85 I am 6'6" 250ish lol
I stand on mine and jump on it
I put seadek on the top and it works like magic
Just called them up gave them the measurements
Cleaned the top of with acetone and stuck it on
You cant hurt ether the yeti or the seadek

Attachments

• Seadek.JPG
    Seadek.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 575
I have a 35 qt. and love it. As a cooler it's good for an 8 pack and a couple of nabs. I wanted the same utility as you are looking for as far as the platform. I wish I would have bought the 45 qt as the size coupled with the weight of the ice/drinks would be a lot more stationary than the 35qt. The cooler does fine ( I am 5'10" 200lbs ) but if rollers come by it will want to move. I could remedy this situation by mounting this to the bow but I did not want to be married to the placement. Just my $.02.

I have a 45 and a 65 and would recommend the 45 if you are going to stand on it. The 65 is probably too big and I am pretty sure the 35 is too small.

Latest posts

Back