1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawnee83":ybcq2szq said:
kidfreediver":ybcq2szq said:
Gelcoat is really easy. It's worth a try if not that anal or you can always grind it off.

X2

Thanks guys . I’ll give it a go. Looking at my pilot house walls it appears some of the gel coat is falling off from previous touch ups. This has me wondering whether or not it was painted at some point. Any tips on how to determine if it’s paint or not? The previous owner did not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuckyJohn is trying to get rid of the type of gel coat that you need. He purchased it by mistake as he needs the newer white. You should reach out to him and pick it up.

shawnee83":2kg0r5j4 said:
LuckyJohn is trying to get rid of the type of gel coat that you need. He purchased it by mistake as he needs the newer white. You should reach out to him and pick it up.

Done , thanks!

4b549faf27082fef02207d61b82e0be0.jpg
c46533e0de81816f3edd3d7409e93887.jpg
f57c73c34a462d1845afe4cb05d22d1f.jpg
100dedeca2994b4a01922c16d14e66bc.jpg

I tore into the roof tonite and found what I suspected would be there. It’s a bit more core damage than I anticipated but I’m not totally surprised either. The roof has a top layer of glass, a balsam core, a bottom layer of Glass, some pink filler (with voids), then the glass ceiling of the pilothouse. I’m planning on cutting open the front overhang on the roof as well. For the repair I’m undecided on a direction. I’m debating between using balsam or marine plywood. Another option would be layers of glass and resin. When I opened the roof up I could see signs of a previous repair. It appears at some point the roof was damaged from impact (something heavy) and cracking on the lower fiberglass layers were observed. The repair appeared to be a good one but the roof penetrations were not bedded correctly causing a lot of water infiltration which caused the core damage.

Wow. Nice job tearing it down. Wish I could advise you on the build up but I've not done it. Would think resin and glass mat some plywood back in then the gel coat. You are going to be an expert after you finish this one.

I think the additional weight of marine plywood vs balsa would be negligible. Next I need to re lay some glass below where the new coring will be. I have some glass but hopefully the experts will offer some advice on the best kind to use for this situation. I’m using the West System epoxy for the repairs.

I will need to take a look at where the antennas mount as well. Judging by what I found on the back I suspect they were not bedded properly as well.

I’ve been kind of bouncing around on projects lately. New uflex helm and ram installed. I debated using the old lines but now considering ordering new ones to play it safe. “New” stereo and flow gauge were delivered. Need to mount those. I almost have an old thru hull transducer removed. I had no idea what model or brand it was and the install was sketchy at best. I decided it was more of a liability than anything so out it comes. Now I’m left with a hole in the bottom of the boat that needs attention. I do intend on purchasing electronics next year but plan on going used. Is there a “generic” transducer that works for multiple brands or are most brand specific? I hate to glass the hole only to open it back up next season.

shawnee83":zcp0gysf said:
Steering looks good. With the Boat age, I would do the hoses too.

I was planning on using the original hoses to save some $ , but after looking the ends over I plan on ordering new ones.

I’m looking at transducers. I decided I may go with the B75M after doing some research. Near the transom what is the deadrise on my 1994 2320 hull? I want to make sure I do order one with the appropriate angle.

I’m ordering gelcoat for my roof repair and touchups in various areas. What would be best; interior or exterior gel coat . From what I’ve read it’s just the absence of wax in the gelcoat that is the difference. This results in less work time. Tips are appreciated

Back