1801 Fuel Line Replacement?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reellucky18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of getting my 1801 repowered and was wondering if others who did this also switched out your fuel lines in the process?
My boat is a 2006, never bottom painted, always trailered, every tank fill (since I owned it, and maybe beforehand) has fuel stabilizer added.

2nd question, how easy/difficult will it be to switch the fuel lines if I were to go this route? Any other things to replace while I am adding a new motor?

Thanks Brent. I did search this forum prior to posting but I did not find my answers. Could have been my search context “1801 Fuel Line Replacement”. I did see other posts about this topic which I read, but many were replaced for other reasons (leaks) & I also didn’t get a sense of the level of difficulty, though I did some one person post the lines were $24/foot.

I’ll keep looking, but most likely I’ll just have them replaced.

Did all my lines, fill and vent. Mine were untouched for 20 years. I did post about it somewhere. The average handyman can do it in a few hours. Laying the Fill hose out in the sun helped soften it a lot.

I repowered with a Suzuki 140 last year and I did replace my fuel line. Its not very difficult. Removed the hose at the tank, insert a barbed coupling, attach the new hose, clamp the ends and pulled the new one through while pulling the old one out. I also replaced the fuel/water separator housing with a stainless unit. Reattach at the tank, plug the other end at the stern and leave long for the installer.

I repowered with a Suzuki 140 last year and I did replace my fuel line. Its not very difficult. Removed the hose at the tank, insert a barbed coupling, attach the new hose, clamp the ends and pulled the new one through while pulling the old one out. I also replaced the fuel/water separator housing with a stainless unit. Reattach at the tank, plug the other end at the stern and leave long for the installer.
Awesome! Thank you. I’ll give this a go when I get the boat back. I rewired my entire boat so I am already familiar with these tight spaces. I appreciate the feedback!

Use a tape measure threaded down from the fill channel at the underside of the gunnel. It will pop out at the fill fitting onthe tank. Then you have your fill hose measurement. Maeasure carefully and make sure the hose is fuel rated. I suggest wholesale marine for all hoses. You can also do the same for the vent and the on the opppsite side for the fuel supply line from tank to engine.

Back