1801 & Minn Kota Riptide Terrova Quest

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the feedback, suggestions & pics of your quick disconnect locations. I will continue to explore & think about a spot as I prefer to have clean lines & try to avoid as much exposed "things".

I will also look into the Batter Tender. But I wanted clarify the Minn Kota quick disconnect that I currently have:
https://minnkota.johnsonoutdoors.co...tor/mkr-28-trolling-motor-plug-and-receptacle

This one also is a screw in type. I am familiar with the other one where it is more of a plug without the screw in. I am not going with that version.

On another positive note, I took the 36v 112lb motor out this weekend for my first use & I was simply blown away by its power. I was able to hold in spots that I could never hold with my 80lb MotorGuide. Winds were quick strong in the morning yesterday in front of Atlantic City & huge swells, but that motor kept me on my spot! The only time I moved/drifted was during a big swell and the prop came out of the water. I am very happy with this purchase and setup.

I have that one also. No way this comes undone. Plenty of threads make it very secure.
My TM comes off after every trip and this plug is as snug as day 1. View attachment 39893
The plug itself is nice, what I dislike is the wire pigtails. There’s no good way to join them to the size of wire that you should be running from your batteries to the plug. You’ve either got to use big awkward inline splices, or power posts, or lugs bolted together (don’t do this). The Battery Tender allows you to connect lugs straight to the back of the plug. I have 4AWG cables running directly to my plug for minimal voltage drop in the system, and almost no chance of ever having a corroded connection.

Back