1801 Question, where do you put the fish?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy D

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking at my first Parker. 2000 1801 CC. It has a seat behind the console with a "flip" style back <cooler>? Also has a seat in front of the console... no idea if that seat flips up on that?

Anyways I'm wondering, other then bringing a big cooler on board.... where do I keep the fish? :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Tommy

i had one of those, i believe the front seat is dry storage and access to the center console. i always keep fish in cooler that i can remove and clean easily. you will love that boat, took it every place. tinmantoo 23wa bel air md.

:D I usually get a cooler of ice and I have a kill bag that I put frozen water bottles in until I catch my first fish and then add about 3/4 of the ice from the cooler into the kill bag. The kill bag gets stored on the bow and it is held there by straps to keep it from sliding around. It is out of the way and I can get the brand name for it but they have them at West Marine and you can take a look at them and what I like about them is they are soft sided and fold to the area that you put them in/around. :roll: and this is where I put my fish. Oh, they have different sizes and the one I have is about five feet long.
latter,
Grutus

I am generally a catch & release (trout/ reds) fisherman, but when I am "meat" fishing (striper, spades, flounder, etc.) I have a 120 qt cooler that fits between the jump seats back aft. Granted the conduit going into the engine prevents the cooler from seating against the transom but it still fits pretty well. I just use bungee cords on the jumper seat hand-grabs as attachment points.

My Igloo cooler has to stay in the bow. I catch so many fish that the boat would swamp if I put it in the transom. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I bungee the cooler in the bow. I too am mostly a catch and release fisherman but carry food, drinks, soda bottles of frozen water and ice in the cooler. The fish I keep are in an iced "kill bag," the ice and frozen soda bottles coming from the cooler.

I put a leaning post in to replace the cooler/seat, and have my tackle bags stored under the leaning post. That was my personal preference to change to a leaning post. I preferred it to the seat.

The area under the console is dry storage for pfds, extra clothes, etc. I don't use that area for fish bags. But that is my choice. You could use that area for anything you want. It is harder to clean the area under the controls in the console but it is your choice.

You could customize a lined box for fish and ice in the front half of that area and use it for fish, or find a cooler that fits it. That is the one of the beauties of a Parker, its flexibility.

I had heard that the cooler insert was not a "drop in" insert and that a substantial amount of work was required to put it in.... anyone know? If it was a "drop in insert" and could be taken out or left in easily, I would be very interested.

Reliable Fishing Main

* Reliable Fishing Main
* Kill Bags
* Dealers West Coast
* Dealers East Coast
* Dealers International
* Manufacturing
* Contact Us
* About RF

Sitemap
Print Version
Login
Last update:
June 13. 2010 13:48:27

Reliable Fishing Main
WHAT'S NEW?

Reliable Fishing's new line of kill bags are now available at dealers nationwide.
All of Reliable Fishing bags are 12" wide at the bottom for greater capacity.

Kill Bag sizes are
18"x36",
20"x48",
20"x60",
20"x72",
28"x48",
24"x60",
30"x60",
30"x72",
30"x90",

Reliable Fishing Now Offers
The New 20"x72" Kingfish Bag

West Ma
KILL BAGS!
Why bring the blood on your deck or have bulky coolers in your cockpit. Kill bags hold more fish and alleviate the smells associated with putting fish in your fish holds. Insulated kill bags hold ice for days and collapse for storage.
Contact are sales team for more information.

Deep Storage Area
:lol: Reliable Fishing insulated kill bags carry a one year warranty on workmanship.
You will not find a better bag on the market.
Click on the image to the left to get view the depth of our 30"x 60" bag so Just Google it if you want to look at them. I like them because they are big and soft sided.

Copyright © 2002-2010 Reliable Fishing Products. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the
Reliable Fishing Products User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

I have a 1800cc and a 24 x 60 Reliable Fishing bag that is up on the bow and I suppose it might leak from the big zipper that they have on top and the bag can hold allot of fish and hopefully this season I can fill it :roll:

:idea: The previous owner of my 1801 mounted a huge Igloo cooler in front of the console -- I would never have thought of this. Here's a picture:

iFlyRodHolders.jpg

I generally do catch and release fly fishing. The front cockpit of the 1801 is so large that even with the cooler, there's still plenty of room to cast. I usually store daily gear in there unless I'm fishing with someone that I know will keep fish (i.e. my dad). Then I'll dump some ice in there and use it for the catch.

-- Fly Rod

Got to go cooler. They're easier to clean, they hold ice (if a decent one) better than anything that came with the boat, and most importantly, they're transportable. When I had my 18 cc I always put the cooler up front full of ice - it acted like a trim tab and helped keep the bow down.

My cooler is not as big as the one in your picture, Fly Rod. It fits up against the anchor locker bulkhead. I also have a trolling motor on the bow that works well in a bay, river, near jetties or rocky areas. I can stand in the bow, rest a knee on the cooler, and steer easily wherever I want to go. Works great for casting in those areas so I don't nick the outboard prop, and I have great control.

On my 1801, I replaced the stock cooler seat with a leaning post. It is just big enough to hold a 45 quart Yeti cooler underneath the post. I use this cooler for beverages and food for the kids.

While I usually am doing C&R flyfishing, I have a larger marine grade Igloo cooler that I place in front of the console, adjoining where the front hatch is accessed. I fill this with ice when I am going to target fluke or bonito, or one of the few stripers I keep a season. This works well, as it allows the cooler to be removed and washed when I am cleaning the boat, but also has a large amount of storage. I use the console for life preservers, dual batteries, and safety equiptment and tools. I would suggest that you never put any fish or bait in there, as it will likely smell like fish forever.

I also put a vertical rod holder on the side of the cooler, which is handy when you are moving short distances like fishing a rip, and want a place to put the rod down. I would steer clear of the cooler chocks, as they will catch a flyline or stub a toe like nobody's business. While the cooler does fit well between the two stern seats, I think it takes up too much of the cockpit and also might block the egress of water in an emergency. With kids on the boat, the cooler in the front also gives them a place to sit if the seat is already occupied and keeps them in your view as you move from sopt to spot.

T-Bro

Back