Show Me Your Winch Stand Setups

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lougio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've got a '03 2520 DVSC on an EZ Loader aluminum I-beam trailer. The trailer came with the boat when we bought it from Florida and had it towed out to us in San Diego back in 2018. It wasn't the ideal trailer as it had 3500lb axles when we got it. We've done some modifications to the trailer over the years including upgrading to 6000lb axles, extra cross member supports, custom side bunks and disc brakes to name a few. We recently replaced brakes, hubs and seals that were leaking.
IMG_20240316_143553562.jpg

We've got around 400lbs of tongue weight and I believe we should move the boat up about a foot to distribute the weight better. Our current setup has us maxed out as far forward with the adjustable winch assembly we have. We're looking to lose the bow roller as we have the V bow stop and just go with a more simple and compact winch stand so we can move everything forward. The boat sits very ass-heavy on the trailer, especially with twin 200 Suzuki's on a bracket.
IMG_20230815_155733626.jpg

Looking for some ideas. Here's a winch stand setup of what I'd like to go with. Minus the bow stop of course.
Thanks for any input, Lou
windlass-bow-stop-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
You do not have any "closeup's". but I presume the strap goes below that roller?
That helps to lock the boat in. IE: not move forward in a panic stop. What YOU are proposing will let the boat move....This is without stern Tie downs... Which I do Not recommend doing without.

Some things you have not thought about.

If you move the boat forward.... You will have to back farther....The chances of getting the truck wet are High.

Weighing the whole rig and doing proper calculations.... Moving the axles aft will give you more tounge weight.

You said you went to 6000lb axles..... Fine BUT..... When a trailer is spec'ed at a higher capacity, it also has EVERYTHING spec'ed higher....The first noticeable thing is Larger I beams on the main rails.

Last edited:
At first glance, your trailer is too short. The bunks need to all the way to the transom. Below is a picture of my 2019 2520XLD with twin Yamaha 200s. Notice that the front axle is just behind the pilot house. 6000 lbs axles also.
IMG_0866.jpeg

At first glance, your trailer is too short. The bunks need to all the way to the transom. Below is a picture of my 2019 2520XLD with twin Yamaha 200s. Notice that the front axle is just behind the pilot house. 6000 lbs axles also.
View attachment 39995
@Antidote, your trailer looks great. Which brand/model did you go with?

I agree with Antidote. I didn't see it at first due to pix angle. Bunks not going all the way to the transom "Have" caused a "Hook" in the hull from sitting like that over the years.

Trailers are like anchors.... If the manufacture recommends a 23-25ft model for a 23ft boat...... Get the 25-27ft model. It will fit better and launch better.

And HERE....You can see how it's supposed to be.... Your trailer is to small.

Attachments

• 100_4831.JPG
    100_4831.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 4
Back