1801 question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishaddict

Reaction score
Hi folks
Who was making tackle box for cc on 1801 in mid 2000 as well as rear access hatch?

Probably tough to specify exactly. Are you looking for a new install or replacement parts? if you have a picture of whatever is installed that may help narrow it down. The hatch is probably manufactured by Bowmar, Tempress or one of the other big hatch MFRs, most easily distinguishable by the latch style.

Replace rear hatch and install tackle box. My boat is 2003.

Innovative Products Solutions made the deck hatch. Part #1115 (11x15)
I've been looking to replace it with a larger one to gain access to the unused area between the bulkhead behind the tank.

Replace rear hatch and install tackle box. My boat is 2003.
For the replacement hatch, I've had good luck with the Tempress Cam-Lock hatches. Very sturdy, and the latching mechanism is the most watertight that I've seen in the plastic deck hatch line. Most of the hatches are made in standard sizes and should fit one another's footprint, so you should be able to replace it with one of your choice.

As far as the tackle station goes, I'd go with an aftermarket option. I've been underwhelmed with the stock units; Parker picks a budget one that doesn't use the available space efficiently. Measure the space you have available (both inside AND outside, taking interior obstructions into account) and head on over to Boat Storage Compartments, Marine Storage Boxes, Tackle Boxes & More to find one that will fit your space. You'll likely pay a little more, but you'll get a much better system than a hatch with a couple Plano boxes in it.

Back