1801 Wiring Harness Diagram or details

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reellucky18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram or details around what each wire that comes off the switch panel to the harness then eventually to the end device?

I am have replaced just about every wire in my boat however there are a couple of unknowns like the pink wires as shown in the first example, and in the second picture there is a blue wire which goes up to my compass and is connected to the first switch (NAV/ANC rocker), but it also is connected to the harness and there is a blue wire that disappears into the console & I have no idea where it goes, nor the pink wire.

My plan is to remove the harness all together and butt connect the one existing wire that is left (that wire goes to my raw water washdown), but I don't want to miss something that I haven't replaced.

Any schematics or knowledge from anyone who has rewired their 1801 would be tremendously helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_5931.jpeg
    IMG_5931.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5933.jpeg
    IMG_5933.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
Try these.

Attachments

• 18CC OLDEST ELECTRICAL DRAWING EBX00001.pdf
    203.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Parker 1800 wiring schematic.pdf
    368.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Marine wire colors ABYC.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 2
The only Pink wire on a boat "If not screwed with!" is fuel sender to fuel guage sender terminal.

Blue wire to compass is for Compass internal light... Needs a GND too.

The schematics are in my head... LOL

Thank you Tomc585!

Warthog5, thanks! What is odd is that pink wire is not connected to anything (+ or -). It is just there chilling as part of the harness, but everything (fuel sender in this case) still functions. Not sure what it’s purposes is, but I’ll leave it there, wire tied off & labeled.

Thank you Tomc585!

Warthog5, thanks! What is odd is that pink wire is not connected to anything (+ or -). It is just there chilling as part of the harness, but everything (fuel sender in this case) still functions. Not sure what it’s purposes is, but I’ll leave it there, wire tied off & labeled.
Disregard. I just found this in tomc585 diagram. Looks like that pink wire is for an optional separate fuel gauge. Mine is not needed since I have the fuel gauge integrated with my Yamaha gauge.

Some boats have single tanks..... Some boats have dual tanks.....The harness could be generic. :)

The only Pink wire on a boat "If not screwed with!" is fuel sender to fuel guage sender terminal.

Blue wire to compass is for Compass internal light... Needs a GND too.

The schematics are in my head... LOL
So zeroing on this, as I have seen & heard multiple discrepancies on this, the pink wire & the fuel system...

Do you know where exactly this pink wire goes to once it leaves the wiring harness? Meaning, does the pink wire go to the fuel level fill, or possibly somewhere else? Is there a pump inside the tank that this wire goes to (please say no).

In my application, the pink wire disappears into the console & I have no idea where it goes. My fuel tank float does NOT have a pink wire (could have been modified from a previous owner, unsure...) so I am looking to trace where this wire is supposed to go to.

Reason... my fuel gauge blinks as if the tank is empty with the key/switch turned to the on position. I traced the ground wire & that is solid, but this pink wire is the new mystery.

Pink wire goes to fuel tank sender. If you have a float arm style sender....It will be the center connection.
If you have a reed style sender....The Pink wire hooks to the White wire.

These pix's are examples.

Attachments

• 20170425_073644.jpg
    20170425_073644.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20170425_085100.jpg
    20170425_085100.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Back