1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
75cf8ccb39330b68124edca3d30b4b01.jpg

Here is the cut/slice in the shielding that I assume started the problem.

I repaired the damaged cables and I’ve never had my engine run better. Now I can start using it [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally had some time to take her out for some testing last night. With the motor in the middle position it seems to do well but I’ve found that I can’t trim it up very much before the prop loses bite and cavitates. Due to time restraints I may leave it where it sit for the remainder of the season. I’ve been in touch with Ken (aka the prop god) and he is recommending trying out a Mercury Enertia 15/15- 3 blade prop or a OFS4 15 pitch 4 blade. He claims each will give me more bite and the 4 blade would provide me with more stern lift. After using it some more I’m no longer sure more stern lift is needed because the permatrim trim seems to do a good job in that department. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what route may be best?

Some of it just depends on the performance Characteristics that you are looking for? Hole shot, cruise efficiency etc...? First and foremost, that you can hit the required Max RPM’s per your motor specs. That said, if it list that at say 5,500 to 6K, I would suggest that you can hit at least 5,800 at a medium load. I agree that the Permatrim should be doing a good job with stern lift. I think 3 blades will give you better cruise efficiency? JMO.

Having testing many (MANY!!) different props on a Parker 2520 and now a Parker 23 DVCC, any of the three-blade, large surface area props with significant cupping seem to perform best. The Mirage Plus, The Enertia ECO and the Yamaha SS2 all seem to do very well.

The 4 blade props do well too but you will sacrifice some fuel economy.

Like you, I've worked with Ken extensively.

GoodChance":385jsqcv said:
Having testing many (MANY!!) different props on a Parker 2520 and now a Parker 23 DVCC, any of the three-blade, large surface area props with significant cupping seem to perform best. The Mirage Plus, The Enertia ECO and the Yamaha SS2 all seem to do very well.

The 4 blade props do well too but you will sacrifice some fuel economy.

Like you, I've worked with Ken extensively.

Thank you. Truthfully my Solas 14-1/2x15 does a fairly good job. I’ve just noticed it loses bite easily when trimmed. Originally my motor was mounted in the lowest position and I raised it up two spaces to the middle position. I may lower it back down one position to see what that does. For the remainder of this season I plan on leaving it where it sits and collecting data. My hole shot is fairly good now and I dont want to compromise any speed so I’m hesitant to go to a 4 blade. Between the permatrim and my tabs the stern lift is not bad either. I’m definitely leaning towards another 3 blade.

My experience with my 2320 F/250 on a bracket is this.

Stock Yamaha 3 blade SS 19p painted black, engine mounted all the way down
- Hole shot sucked, running with a heavy load was worse.
- MPG around 1.8 at cruise with a full load at 4600 rpm.
- I run a heavy boat and with full load max rpm 5400.
- Boat seemed sluggish at times.

Added a SE Sport 300
- Hole shot was better, could stay on plane at lower speeds.
- Cruise and max RPM stayed the same.

Raised the motor 2 holes
- Hole shot improved.
- Seems to stay on plane at lower speeds.
- Motor doesn't seem like its dragging in the water.
- Max RPM with full load still around 5400.Ok
- Cruise MPG stayed the same.

Changed to a OSI Turbo 17p 4 blade prop
- Brand new boat.
- Mid range torque feels like a go kart.
- Hole shot much improved.
- Stays on plane at lower speeds.
- MPG at cruise improved .3 to .5 MPG.
- Full heavy load 4600 rpm cruise seeing 2.2 - 2.3 mpg.
- Max RPM with full load 6100.
- Lost 2-3mph on the top end but I don't care, the mid range and cruise improvement was what I wanted.

Putting the 4 blade on was the best thing I ever did, marina suggested this one as it is a stern lifting prop and works well with the Parkers.

Thanks for sharing your experiences Willy.

259c82f28e86da585bd3ec7f0891662e.jpg

My backup/trolling motor is now in service

Megabyte":1lqmmqfe said:
9.9 high thrust?

Yes sir . It allows me speeds from 1.0-6.0, our freshwater trolling speeds are generally around 2.5-3.5.

68b7b68250e6890827cfff5daa5052dc.jpg

4:30 AM tournament start. Showcasing the Parker in its first tournament

Brent":3flteroa said:
I bet it feels like winning the lottery.

B2

I had a great time. Finally getting a feel for how the hull handles. She’s a beast in 3’ Lake Michigan seas. The sharp bow cuts thru the waves very well. So far I’m very pleased with the hull.

Brent":2shs6sdv said:
Have you replaced fuel tank fill and vent hoses?

B2

Not yet . A close visual inspection though. They looked good. I plan on doing that next year. I’m planning on fabricating 2 tanks under the bracket to increase buoyancy in the stern as well.

I’ve noticed a sharp mildew smell in the pilothouse when In my garage. I’m sure the bilge is the cause. I’ve poured a solution of simple green and bleach and allowed it to sit but it’s not helped much. I’m able to store it with the tongue high so the front bilge drains fully as well. Any suggestions?

Simple Green to clean and flush, then bleach and water to sweeten.

Edit: Remember that the mildew odor might be coming from your rode locker rather than your bilge.

Back