2000 Parker 2520 Custom Fly Bridge Controls

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadsdayoff2

Reaction score
Manokin River, Chesapeake Bay /Roxborough, PA.
I had the fly bridge installed last year. This spring I installed the steering, controls, trim/tilt & horn up top. I'm really happy with the way its coming together.

Attachments

• 0422091516a.jpg
    0422091516a.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,527
  • 0422091518a.jpg
    0422091518a.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,527
That is a very nice looking boat, you have done a beautiful job on it. If my boat were bigger it would have a tower on it. It must have been hard last year having the tower and not being able to use it. Good Job and keep the pictures coming, we are very interested in your project and we love pictures.

That's awesome, exactly what I want to do. Do you have the 14 or 16 degree deadrise? Does it pound while you are up there? I have the 16 degree.
And how much extra weight do you think it added?
Thanks

The builder estimated the wieght at less than 150#. I saw no difference in speed or fuel. I have the MV that draws about 14", not sure of dead rise. Haven't rode up there in anything more than a moderate chop and it felt no worse than down below.

Do you mind if I ax you how much that cost? I have a 2820 and I am considering doing that. It looks great by the way!

The tower it self ran about $4200. I had estamates over 6K. I spent about another 2K on controls,steering ect..doing the rigging myself. The tower breaks down just above seat, for a trailering hieght just under 13'6". If you search earlier post ther are some pics from welders info.

Attachments

• 25_parker_upper_small_211.jpg
    25_parker_upper_small_211.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,095
Just out of curiosity what is that bump in the front of the tower console? Looks like a good spot for a PTZ FLIR camera or a Compass. I would go for the FLIR :lol: I have been keeping my eye on them and just upgraded my Raymarine C120 to a E120 so I could use the video inputs.

Radar is a must for night travel but add FLIR and you have the ultimate combination. They are amazing.....

See Here-
http://www.flir.com/cvs/americas/en/mar ... voyagerii/

Attachments

• voyagerii.png
    voyagerii.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 983
MaxOut":2em8xehj said:
Radar is a must for night travel but add FLIR and you have the ultimate combination. They are amazing.....

I agree. FLIR is an amazing tool.
Any idea how much at Voyager II sells for?

I got news for you, that voyager-2 is $75,999 on sale.....

The FLIR Navigator is between $7k and $9k. That video of the voyager 2 in action with the gyroscope stabilised images, etc, is really sice though, but I didn't pay $75k for the entire boat. Or my last 2 boats put together for that matter..... actually counting a $1200 1988 bayliner, the voyager 2 is more than my last 3 boats put together..........

Here ya go, FLIR Navigator $4800.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLIR-The ... tsupported

This is a fixed Unit (no Pan/Tilt) but still has all the same features as the Navigator II including zoom. For me the fixed unit will be good as my main concern is what’s in front of me.

I have nearly 14K in electronics on my boat and would guess an average of what I see on this site is probably 8K. That been said I do not think the FLIR is too far out for allot of us.

What’s it worth to be able to see an object or person in the water in complete darkness? Ever hit a log and rip you lower unit off? What's that going to cost? Ever tangle a crab pot in your prop? God forbid someone falls of the boat at night in choppy water :shock: !

It's one of those things that have to make sense for your boating style. Sure I can say I travel in the dark all the time and have never hit a log and never got a crab pot tangled in my prop. Mostly due to Radar and luck. Also as pointed out above you have the added expense of a screen to view it on, but if you do not already have a TV for DVD or on board camera now you got an excuse to go get one :lol: Allot of the newer multifunction displays have video in capabilities, all E & G series Raymarine have it and now the new C series does. So now you can convince the misses that you need a new multifunction display so she can watch movies on the boat :lol: .

Check this out-

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FLIR-PathFindIR ... tsupported

Maybe you could use this??

Back