2003 Parker Gelcoat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone here have the factory Parker gelcoat for a 2003 2520? Don’t need to buy a whole gallon I can settle with half a quart or maybe a quart.

It’s called classic white, it’s an offwhite color. Most folks on this forum with older Parker’s (early 2000s and lower) all recommend gelcoat purchased from Cecil marine in NJ. They sell it in quarts and 6oz bottles, it’s a finishing gel coat meaning it contains wax so you don’t need to cover it with PVA. It will cure with hardener (catalyst) in open air. I just ordered some. But from my research that is a spot in match or as close to factory as we can hope with fading and aging of factory finish.

good luck!

US composites sells both white gelcoat and gelcoat pigments (Colored Pigments). The off-white would be my choice to match older Parker gelcoat. I am going to give it a try for an upcoming deck repair.

It appears that Cecil marine gets their gelcoat from US composites (see the document link they provide) and then tints it. They have the tint worked out. Fine for a small amount but really expensive if your need a larger amount.

Let me know how the us composites works out, and if you arrive and a flawless match with pigment. I need quite a lot myself and while there gelcoat is great it can be quite pricy

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not!

Flawless is relative and who is to say that the US Composites gelcoat mixed and packaged by Cecil will be an exact match given how much a boat has weathered and faded?

For a deck that will have grit in the gelcoat, I think I can mix the color to be close enough. Not that hard with some patience and a few test panels.

Let me know how the us composites works out, and if you arrive and a flawless match with pigment. I need quite a lot myself and while there gelcoat is great it can be quite pricy

The hull generally gets less exposure to UV than the deck areas. Without a perfectly preserved boat to do a side by side comparision its hard to say how much tint adjustment would be required if any. I was prepared and expected to have a slight difference but the bottle I bought from Cecil is undetectable on the small amount of repairs I did on my 2004. I was impressed. Every boat has a different story to tell even side to side. Just think of your headlight lenses. I had one car that was parked at work along side of the building saw rapid UV damage to the one lense (the other was shaded by the building).

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not!

Flawless is relative and who is to say that the US Composites gelcoat mixed and packaged by Cecil will be an exact match given how much a boat has weathered and faded?

For a deck that will have grit in the gelcoat, I think I can mix the color to be close enough. Not that hard with some patience and a few test panels.

His is an area I’m building up o do an extensive repair to the water line. As you can see it’s an identical color match, once sanded and polished it will be identical

Attachments

• 99591DE1-7BEB-4FF7-A7C1-A14445C5CABB.jpeg
    99591DE1-7BEB-4FF7-A7C1-A14445C5CABB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
You can call Parker, but I think they will put you in touch with a dealership in your area. Parker ships it to the dealership and you buy it from the dealership. It wasn't always like that. Eric at Parker would send me the Gel-Coat and I would send him my payment. Those days don't exist anymore, unfortunately.

I was directed to our local dealer to get gel coat recently and so far have not had much luck getting a response. Would love to be able to get it directly from the builder.

Back