2017 2300 DV live well

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cman60

Reaction score
Hi
Recently picked up 2300 and was wondering which valve in bilge allowed water into live well that’s under the leaning post . Can’t find this online and no direction in Parker Manual other than it says that it must be open.
So which valve do I open and how do I know when it’s open?

Thanks in advance

you likely only have two lines coming off a thru hull pick up. one raw water wash down. one live-well. open thru hull and both lines.

I have a 2013 23 DVCC and my boat has a single through-hull to supply both the washdown and the live well. The through-hull is located on the port side of the bilge and has a ball valve to open/close at the base with a pump on top. It is the only valve in the bilge on my boat.

You know it is open when the valve handle is parallel to the fitting/hose. It is closed when the handle is perpendicular to the fitting/hose.

you likely only have two lines coming off a thru hull pick up. one raw water wash down. one live-well. open thru hull and both lines.
Thxs in my Cobia if you left the livewell valve open while running the livewell would fill. Is that an issue here as well?

would depend on your exact pickup and plumbing but if original would think not. mine does not.

Thxs in my Cobia if you left the livewell valve open while running the livewell would fill. Is that an issue here as well?
If you have the seacock open and the livewell spigot (inside the livewell, top port corner towards the bow) open the livewell will fill while underway. Simply close one of the two valves and it will not fill while underway.

If you have the seacock open and the livewell spigot (inside the livewell, top port corner towards the bow) open the livewell will fill while underway. Simply close one of the two valves and it will not fill while underway.

Exactly. You can close the valve on the fill arm in the live well and it won't fill while you're running.

Thanks for help

You should also have a valve on your livewell drain line which is a much larger diameter line and should be plumbed through your transom. Make sure that is also open or your livewell will overflow and begin draining onto the deck.

Back