21 se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fish4life

Reaction score
I need some advise as I am looking at a new 21se and will be fishing charlotte harbor which can be choppy as well shallow. also on calm days 2 feet or less would like to go into the gulf maybe 10 miles or less. will the 21 se handle both situations

Ive never run a 21se, but our 23se is a very smooth ride in rough water worse than you describe. With the trim tabs down it smooths out the ride, at the cost of more spray into the boat though. It may not be as smooth as the deep v Parker, but its still one of the smoothest riding boats ive owned in the rough stuff. Also draws very little water in the shallows.

aslo have a 23se i love. have been on 21se too. depending on the amount of time you think you'll spend near shore / offshore in the gulf, you may want to consider the 23se - its noticeably more boat and can handle pretty snotty stuff very well/safe. not a small 23 but still extremely easy to handle solo, trailering (if you are) and on/off the trailer etc.

i have drifted my 23se over shallow (1") sand bars several times - zero issues. even got out and walked it over more shallow than that. running carefully w/ engined trimmed up in very shallow (2" easy) no problem either.

I owned a 21 SE for several years. They are a great all purpose boat. I used mine from way up in the tidal creeks and sounds out to 30+ miles offshore, usually by myself. Trim tabs are a must as the engine trim alone will not give you the best ride in a chop.
Dave

my decision will come down to either 21se 0r 23se against 21 ft boston whaler Montauk which cost more then either Parker but has a nice ride in chop.

2fish4life":3kauyp9h said:
my decision will come down to either 21se 0r 23se against 21 ft boston whaler Montauk which cost more then either Parker but has a nice ride in chop.

What made you choose a non bracketed boat? The 2300CC is twice the boat of a 21SE

Boston Whaler? WAY Over Rated and priced.

The 21 se will handle both of those with ease. Great boat, had one for 8 years. The trim tabs are a must. Are you gonna go with the f150 or f200?

great feedback from all the parker family, not sure what bracked boat means however 21 se seems to come std with t-top and 150 Yamaha which seems of to me.

not sure what bracketed boat means

Bracketed boat with Full transom. It will have the room of a non bracketed 25ftr.
It's a safer boat due to a Full transom. Bracket is a place to hang out and dangle your feet in the water.....Motor not running of corse.

2300-CC.png

Notched transom Boat

23SE.jpg

Not often I can contribute but maybe I can help. Last year I purchased a 2008 21' commercial (21' se without all the bells and whistles). It has a t-top and 2011 F150. As per all I read about trim tabs I added Bennett M120 sport tabs soon after I purchased. I used the boat in Long Island Sound where a 2' chop is not unusual and found the boat up to the task. Lower tabs, reduce speed and let the boats sharp entry do the job. The boat was dry, great on the drift, and economical to run. It's no speed demon I think the best I saw was 38 mph. I really enjoy the boat for fishing. It's not apples for apples but I owned a 18' BW Outrage and find this boat way more enjoyable. Strictly for resale I think the 21' Montauk would be better but I really don't think you can wrong with the Parker. Good luck with your decision.

Have you made progress in your decision? I'm also looking at the 21SE and 23 SE. The 21 is pricing out about 17k less than a 23, with 150 HP vs 200 HP and similar options. 21 seems like a deal, but I keep thinking will I regret and get 2-foot-itis in a year or two.

I haven't done a trial or demo of either, though I'm almost certain I'll end up with one of the two. The tow and go package, or whatever it is called on the 21 makes a lot of the decisions easy. The 23, electronics don't seem as such a no-brainer, not trailer selection, etc.

I'm in the North East, but would love to share what you are getting quoted to order.

Back