2100 DV - 175 or 200hp?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobStaff

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a new 2100 DV. Options include 150, 175 or 200 hp Yamaha 4 stroke inline 4. Definitely not going with the 150hp. Question is whether the 200hp is worth an additional $3K over the 175hp. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

I'll repeat what I've seen from someone else on this forum,
"I never heard anyone say I wish I had less power!"
Dave

Burtona":1jyihpwf said:
Dave

X2. Bingo. Nothing worse than an under powered boat. If you sell the boat down the road, you will get some of it back in residual back end and the boat will likely sell faster.

The 150 4-cylinder Yamaha is OK for the 21 DV as long as you don't run the boat heavy. If you are consistently running with just 2-3 persons (total) and no livewell, then the 150 is fine.

If you are running heavy, then get the 200. The 150 will push a HEAVY 21DV but getting on plane will be difficult and operation in heavy seas will be taxing.

Burtona":n29lfn2s said:
Dave

Yep....That was me. :)

I had this delima way back in '98. The normal rigged motor was a 60Hp. The max was 90Hp.

If you buy the boat with the lower HP......Then decide it's not enough and want to trade up to the 200HP...You will loose your ass. Get the 200Hp from the Get Go and don't look back.

It will very likely get better fuel mileage with the bigger motor.....Why? Because your not running the stem winding crap out of it.

warthog5":2uhs6lgg said:
It will very likely get better fuel mileage with the bigger motor.....Why? Because your not running the stem winding crap out of it.

I can certainly testify to that with the 2 new Parkers I purchased 8 months apart 2 years ago.

Good luck....

I just repowered my 2110 with a Suzuki 200HP 4 stroke fro a Yamaha 175HPDI. I afree that I've never heard anyone say they wish they had less power. With the 200 my gas consimption is much lower, my time from idle to plane is much faster, and my top end increased significantly with less RPM. If the 200 doesn't cost much more than the 175 I would suggest the 200HP engine

Purchased a 21 DV that was repowered with a 200 Merc. I can’t speak on smaller engines but the 200 feels right. Good holeshot, super easy to get up on plane. It also gives me a little more confidence getting over the 3 to 4’s when you’re trying to get back.

Latest posts

Back