2100 DVCC or 2120 transom mount transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a through hull transducer for the same reason. My transom mount garmin transducer doesn't read depth at any faster than about 15mph. While I was at it, I figured I would upgrade and get one capable of side scan as well.

I just bought a through hull transducer for the same reason. My transom mount garmin transducer doesn't read depth at any faster than about 15mph. While I was at it, I figured I would upgrade and get one capable of side scan as well.
What through hull side scans? Did you mount on the center planing pad? Somehow it has to see below both sides of the boat. Where was your transom transducer mounted...sounds like a place for me to avoid. Currently mine is reading in the high 20mphs.. maybe I am expecting too much.

What through hull side scans? Did you mount on the center planing pad? Somehow it has to see below both sides of the boat. Where was your transom transducer mounted...sounds like a place for me to avoid. Currently mine is reading in the high 20mphs.. maybe I am expecting too much.
There are several garmin through hulls that have Sidevu and Clearvu capability. I haven't mounted it yet, but it will go just starboard of the "keel" about a foot fore of the transom. It requires cutting a fairing block to get it to sit level.
My current transducer is about 15" starboard of the keel, with the bottom of the bracket flush with the bottom of the transom. It just gets too much wake disturbance. It loses bottom right before the boat starts to get up on plane.

There are several garmin through hulls that have Sidevu and Clearvu capability. I haven't mounted it yet, but it will go just starboard of the "keel" about a foot fore of the transom. It requires cutting a fairing block to get it to sit level.
My current transducer is about 15" starboard of the keel, with the bottom of the bracket flush with the bottom of the transom. It just gets too much wake disturbance. It loses bottom right before the boat starts to get up on plane.
Thanks for the info!

Transducer is a garmin GT51M-TH
I have a 1242xsv and a 1042xsv. I also couldn't spring for the extra to go with the 8600 series. All of my electronics and terminal tackle were stolen from my boat last summer. I've been having to chip away at replacing everything and have had to compromise on some of my purchases. Thank God I was in the process of installing my Fusion stereo and the guy was too stupid to recognize that he was looking at an autopilot and radar that were worth almost as much as the MFDs that he stole.

i have a 2120 and recently installed a new Garmin fish finder. As discussed in this series of posts, my fish finder would not display anything when running above 15 knots. I moved the transducer up and down with no change in the display results. Perplexed I finally put the transducer so low on the transom that I was barely protruding beneath the hull.

still had the same problem, no useable display above 15 knots. Frustrated I had some else pilot the boat while I leaned over the transom. Much to my surprise with the trim tabs up, as the boat started to plane and the bow went down, the stern of the boat rises do high the transducer comes out of the water

Attachments

• 34773BBD-1D73-4878-9EE6-2DA519A6B67D.jpeg
    34773BBD-1D73-4878-9EE6-2DA519A6B67D.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 46
I had a similar problem with the transom mount transducer on my 21SE. The issue has to do with the "noise" created by the outboard in combination with drag while underway. That is how it was explained to me by the Garmin folks.

I recently upgraded to a 1242xsv and two transducers connected via Y-cable. I went with a shoot-thru-hull transducer (GT8HW-IH), instead of a traditional thru-hull. It was secured with epoxy and glass in the stern of the hull near the bilge pump. It corrected the depth @ speed issue. I upgraded to the GT36UHD-TM (transom mount) for clearvu and sidevu.

HiTec Outdoors did the bill of materials and upgrade. They are located in Benton. KY... a ride for most Parker owners. But Tony and his team are some of the best in the area for electronics. HiTec Outdoors - (270) 527-1900

I had a similar problem with the transom mount transducer on my 21SE. The issue has to do with the "noise" created by the outboard in combination with drag while underway. That is how it was explained to me by the Garmin folks.

I recently upgraded to a 1242xsv and two transducers connected via Y-cable. I went with a shoot-thru-hull transducer (GT8HW-IH), instead of a traditional thru-hull. It was secured with epoxy and glass in the stern of the hull near the bilge pump. It corrected the depth @ speed issue. I upgraded to the GT36UHD-TM (transom mount) for clearvu and sidevu.

HiTec Outdoors did the bill of materials and upgrade. They are located in Benton. KY... a ride for most Parker owners. But Tony and his team are some of the best in the area for electronics. HiTec Outdoors - (270) 527-1900
Do you have any pics of the in hull transducer placement? Did you just use a toggle to switch between transducers or can you switch through your MFD? Thanks!

Here's a picture of the shoot-thru hull transducer. The GT8HW-IH thru-hull gives the depth at speed and the GT36UHD-TM provides the scanning capabilities when trolling or drifting. The Y-cable allows both to be connected and the 1242xvs has a setting to select both transducers in the settings... so, there is no need for a toggle. Hope this helps.

IMG_0827.jpgIMG_0826 2.jpg

Here's a picture of the shoot-thru hull transducer. The GT8HW-IH thru-hull gives the depth at speed and the GT36UHD-TM provides the scanning capabilities when trolling or drifting. The Y-cable allows both to be connected and the 1242xvs has a setting to select both transducers in the settings... so, there is no need for a toggle. Hope this helps.

View attachment 32448View attachment 32449
Pretty nice setup! Thanks for the info and pics.

I have a P66. They need to be mounted about 1/4 inch or so below the hull bottom and not over a strake. Mine is below the strake, towards the keel. I get readings through WOT or 42ish

Attachments

• D2CFF5B3-7EA5-4290-B613-CBD2A11B4175.jpeg
    D2CFF5B3-7EA5-4290-B613-CBD2A11B4175.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back