2120 Main Bilge Hatch and Pie Plates

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone re-bedded their pie plates and hatch and or put new rubber seals in them? I’m getting water in my rear bilge via that main hatch and I need to get it dry. Are the hatch and pie plates secured with machine screws and nuts or a wood screw type? I meant to look and forgot. I’m going to the boat this weekend and I will have a 1/2 day to mess with it and thought I’d try to get it done? Where do you get the rubber seals (o rings?) for the hatch and pie plates? Do we know the model size/manufacture? How do you bed these? What material? I have a feeling not sylacone? Any and all help would be appreciated as I will need to get those seals ordered and to me quickly if I’m going to get it done this week.

I put brand new pie plates on every 3 years I just silicone them in. They are just wood screws. Do not waste your time doing just seals as plates are cheap.
" Bean "

Thinking about buying a new hatch now. When I was looking at it this weekend I noticed on the corner it was sticking up some and it may be warping from being stepped on? Anyway, with my battery charger and all my new wiring and stuff I want that bilge dry. As I’m going down Wednesday night I don’t have time to order one and get it by then. I’ll just measure it when I’m there and the pie plates. I’m going to just buy new ones for them too. Considering getting the screw down type, any thoughts vs the pop in?
Anyone know the size of the bilge hatch that would be great as I’m looking at them tonight on line.

Parker got back to me on this. They responded to my email in 5 minutes. Great service and great people!!

Incase anyone else needs to know, on a 2006 era 2120, the bilge cut out is 21 1/4” x 11 1/4” and the hatch is a 23 x 13 hatch. The round deck plate cut outs are 6 1/4”.

Has anyone else had issues with their main bilge hatch leaking? Now that I removed my splash guard it gets walked on a lot and it seems to flex and I think it has warped. The attached pic is the hatch that is OE. I looked at a Bowmar and a TH Marine. The Bowmar gasket set up looks better but I’ll have to cut the hole a little bigger. Bowmar also make a nice aluminum one but it’s over $500. TH one is called Sure Seal but it’s a tad smaller cut out req but I think it will fit still.

Attachments

• F7CC25D9-09F7-4610-A3B1-DA6AC83044E7.jpeg
    F7CC25D9-09F7-4610-A3B1-DA6AC83044E7.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 438
If you look under the lid on pie plates & hatch lid you will see model # and manufacture.
" Bean "
I ordered on line you can match the color.

Thanks again Bean. When I snapped this pic I had the grey pulled but the do make it in the Artic White and a new color Sea Foam that looks like the Parker gel. Probably just going to order the same hatch and new style TH Marine Pie plates. Hopefully all being new and freshly sealed all leaks will be stopped. I’m not going to be able to get the parts in time for this weekend so I’ll have to do the project later at this point. That said, I have the order saved but I’m going to hold off as the rush is off and I can do a little more homework to be sure. Thanks

Attachments

• 981CA4F1-9D53-4DC4-9190-DEA785201E93.jpeg
    981CA4F1-9D53-4DC4-9190-DEA785201E93.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 437
Thanks Bean, I thought it looked right but the girl on the phone was telling me it had a green tint? Unfortunately, the bilge hatch company doesn’t make the round in the Sea Foam. I’ll change the bilge hatch to that though if I end up ordering Innovative Products bilge hatch.

I also replaced the bilge hatch and got the company right off the inside of the lid in seafoam.
" Bean "

Brent":2gdetac9 said:
Could install a metal hatch and will last a long time

Yea Brent, I would love to go that route but I’m having a hard time swallowing the price. This one is in the low $500’s but it’s the right size. I’d only have to cut 3/4” on the depth so it’s dooable.

Attachments

• 56A0D3E8-56D1-4B3D-B11E-A2B03588613D.jpeg
    56A0D3E8-56D1-4B3D-B11E-A2B03588613D.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 428
Thanks Brent. Starling Marine in Morehead City (Local Parker Dealer) got them in for me. It is the Innovative Products hatch posted above. I picked up the hatch and 2 newer style pie plates (inspection hatches?)from them last week on the way home from Beaufort. Total $93 out the door for all. They are also in a new Sea Foam color which is basically the old Parker off white we have, so that is nice. I’ll be back to the boat and Beaufort next weekend but I don’t know if I’ll get them installed. At least I have everything I need now and if I get enough free hours on my visits I’ll get them installed, hopefully by July anyway? I’ll update this post with some pics of the job and maybe it will help others.

Yea Brent, I would love to go that route but I’m having a hard time swallowing the price. This one is in the low $500’s but it’s the right size.

Right size? Why are you limiting yourself to working thru a small PITA ass hatch?

With mine opened up...Life is Soooooooooo much simpler.

This is the one in mine..... https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/product ... 15300.html

warthog5":1w9ijpai said:
Yea Brent, I would love to go that route but I’m having a hard time swallowing the price. This one is in the low $500’s but it’s the right size.

Right size? Why are you limiting yourself to working thru a small PITA ass hatch?

With mine opened up...Life is Soooooooooo much simpler.

This is the one in mine..... https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/product ... 15300.html

Thanks for the info Wart. I was thinking about your hatch when I was considering my options. Obviously, it’s a much better hatch. As far as the size, my current hatch size really isn’t very restrictive for getting to the few things I need to get to now that I’ve got everything in there done. The 2120 bilge area is definitely smaller than yours. A few inches bigger access wouldn’t hurt any though. I just can’t swallow the $600 to $800 for it right now and the extra install time. Hopefully the cheap new original will at least dry it in being new and properly bedded. I just hope it doesn’t turn out like when you buy the cheaper tool only to buy another better and more expensive one again when the cheap one fails, lol. If I can get 3 to 5 years out of it and then I have to replace it, I’ll only be out a little time and about $75. That’s why I decided to just go back with the original for now. Also, with my boat 4 hrs away from where I live it’s hard for me to make the time to do projects and as prime boating season has started I just wanted to take the quickest route.

Back