2120 or 2320 ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerf

Reaction score
Hey guys, Good to see CP back up and running. I have managed to convince SWMBO that we need a Parker pilothouse for our boating and fishing platform and have sold our Hydrasport, so I was ready to jump on a 2120. We were at the dealer looking at the boats and getting prices on options when SWMBO nearly floors me by saying "if we are getting one, why not get the 2320 with the full transom and the big motor? " Well why not indeed! This type of thing ,to me, is rare and now I find myself somewhat torn between these two boats , and thats where ,hopefully, you guys come in. I would like your honest opinions of which you would choose and why, and especially if any 2120 owners wish they had spent the extra cash and bought the 2320. Here are some particulars of our situation:
1. The 2320 is nearly $16,000 more than its smaller brother
2. The 21 has an F150 the 23 a F250 digital outboard.
3. We will keep the boat on a lift at home , the lift is only rated for 6,000 pounds
4. We live nearly 20 miles upriver from where we often fish (around the 64 & 664 bridge tunnels) and roughly 35-40 miles from the Bay Bridge Tunnel
5. We are not wealthy, but either boat is within our budget the 2120 more so of course.
Whatever thoughts you may offer will be greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

Roger

I have a 2320 2009 model with the f250...I love the boat and looked at the 2120 also, the wife saw the 2320 amd the extra room, case closed. We did have some motor trouble this year but all is good now nd are back to enjoying the boat. Both are nice but the 2320 just others a little more room and talking to a buddy with the 2120, he has told me he would trade his in on a 2320 anytime. Good luck with either one and u enjoy it.

I'm asking myself the same questions. I have had a 21se and now own a 23se, but have always been interested in a Pilothouse ... 8)

I've owned my 2120 for about a year and have been very happy. I chose the 2120 because I often fish alone and always trailer the boat. I thought the smaller boat would be a better fit because of these requirements. Doesn't sound like an issue with you.

Thanks for the responses guys, I did some searching too and have found numerous similar threads and have been reading them intently. Both boats seem to have their positive attributes when making comparisons to one another, and from what I can tell the main differences are pretty straight foreward; The 2120 costs less to buy and operate and is easier to trailer and handle. The 2320 has a larger deck , a closed transom , and a fishbox. Some threads seem to indicate that the longer hull rides better, but others think differently. Most threads expound on the safety aspect of the full transom , yet a few believe the notch transom will drain water out faster if you take a wave over the gunnel and is therefore safer.
I went to the dealer (Norfolk Marine) again this morning and was shocked to find the 2120 has been sold. Of course another is on order but it could be awhile arriving. They made me an offer I couldnt refuse on the 23 and I signed on the dotted line! My biggest fear is that my lift will not handle the boat, but they assured me that we would try it on our test run and if it would not pick it up the deal would be voided, and the incoming 2120 would have my name on it. I dont think I could ask for more than that. I will be taking pics of the delivery and setup and will post some if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks to everyone for a great and informative site.

Roger

If "she who must be obeyed" wants a 23, you need to be looking in that direction.
New or lightly used... it doesn't make a difference. :wink:
She has already spoken, so roll with it. :)

salbrent":1v1fs3cq said:
I would look at used boats posted on this site and JAXED, too
I would check and see if your existing lift can be upgraded to a higher lift rating
Lastly add 2 more feet and look at a 25'

Also good advice.
Have you ever ridden on a 25?

Capt. Kevin and Brent , You will have me LIVING on a 25 and eating cheeze whiz sanwiches :twisted: . This is my 4th marriage and though I guess I'm a slow learner, I'm not completely untrainable (yet) .
I think the 23 will suffice for now, and I am certainly looking foreward to striper (or is it stripper :shock: ) season. Thanks again and I'm sure I'll have alot of stupid noob questions in the near future.

Roger

Hey Brent, the 25 comment made me forget about the lift, but yes, I can install larger driven pulleys (sheaves) on the lift to gain more lifting capacity, although it would slooow it down even more. I already have 5/16 cables on it which are the same cables used on the 8,000 lb model. I called the manufacturer (Boat Lift US) and they said the top and bottom I beams could not be stressed beyond 6,000 lbs. I find it hard to believe that the lift is rated for 100% of its "will fail" capacity, of course I dont know what else they could (or would) say. From what I can tell, the boat with the 250 , a full fuel tank and a couple of batteries should weigh in right at 6,000 lbs. , and after adding for tackle and other crap that always finds it way onboard I wouldnt think it would go much over 6500 lbs. Now I'm no structural engineer, but I would think that a 5'' aluminum I beam could support more than 3,250 pounds safely. But I dont know if I want to bet the farm on that. :?

Hey Brent, the upper and lower supports (cradle) are both 5'' I beams, and everything is bolted together. The boat is a 2012 2320 SC with a 250 Yamaha 4 stroke. I dont think reinforcing is possible , I could replace them with all new beams but then its basically replacing the lift with a larger model. That gets pricey.

Roger

I have a 2120 that I keep in a lift here at Lake Gaston. It's one of the best boats that I've ever owned. I use the boat primarily for transportion. I like the length because it fits well in my boathouse. If I were on the bay and fished alot, I would definately want the 2320. Putting the motor on the bracket and the extra couple of feet in the back, make you feel like you are in an entirely different boat.

Best of luck. You won't be sorry either way.

I'll find out tomorrow if the 23 will work on my lift. I have my fingers crossed that it will hold it with no problems.
The anticipation is killing me :D

Roger

2320 pilothouse":x2ssp2kc said:
i have owned a 2120 150 2stroke and now own a 2320 f250..

dave
Hey Dave,
So what is your take on the two boats? Does the extra 2 feet and a closed transom warrant the extra coin?

Thanks,
Roger

rogerf":1cqohluv said:
2320 pilothouse":1cqohluv said:

dave
Hey Dave,
So what is your take on the two boats? Does the extra 2 feet and a closed transom warrant the extra coin?

Thanks,
Roger

I'm not Dave... but hell yes! :)

Megabyte":24kmikk2 said:
rogerf":24kmikk2 said:
2320 pilothouse":24kmikk2 said:

dave
Hey Dave,

Thanks,
Roger

I'm not Dave... but hell yes! :)
Thanks Capt. Kevin ,
Its only 11:00 pm, 12 more hours till "splash" time. I have never known a day so long!

Roger

the 2320 rides alot better,fishes more people,16 mph faster,holds more beer and bait,so far i am very happy with the purchase--with the options i got its been great...

dave

Back