21SE Route from Console up the fuel fill channel for #6 Duplex Cable

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone run a No.6 Duplex Cable from the console on their SE21 where my batteries will be kept up through the fuel fill sleeve?
Was there already a chase there or did you just fish them through with a string or something?
I was also thinking about fishing a flexible conduit through there.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

O a 2012 21SE I ran two 16/2 round twisted pair cables from the console to the fuel fill for speaker wires. Removed the black tophat rigging grommet in the console and used a fish tape to reach the deck plate forward over the fuel tank fill connection. Lots of open space under the deck, no rigging tube. From there, used a fish tape outboard and up the fuel fill sleeve. That part was not easy and took multiple tries but eventually got it. Again, no rigging tube except for the fill sleeve. Tightest part is where the fuel lines turn upward at the hull side. Ran wires from console to deck plate, then deck plate up fill sleeve, pushing and pulling at the same time. I don't think you will have enough room for conduit, let alone forcing it around the turn upward.

I got it and developed a shortcut. Well a long cut. There is a green bonding wire that goes to the fule fill and passes right by the two piece cable bundle clam in the console. Pulled some slack at the fuel fill, stripped it, securely connected it to my 6/2 duplex cable after altering and tapering it. Added another green No. 12 wire to the mix as I will still need the bonding when all done. Care must be taken to strip all the wires and wrap them so they are secure then tape them up as smooth and tapered as possible. Soap them up with some Dawn & water and have someone pull the green wire in the console while you feed it down the fuel fill sleeve. Might take a few tries until it makes a path for itself. They did pass into the area of the fuel tank through a sleeve. That was the only hard part.

Back