2300 Center Console Stiff Steering

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The steering on my 2300 CC is extremely stiff once up on plain. I’m running a Yamaha F250 with Lenco tabs and a Rev 4 19p screw. Not sure what is going on. The steering is free and clean when at slow speeds. I don’t see evidence of any binding and I checked the steering tube. Are the 4 blade wheels always very stiff at plaining speeds? I’ve run a lot of boats in this size class, none of which steered as stiff as my Parker. Thoughts??

I have a 2300 DV and have a Suzuki 250 with a three blade prop. I randomly had that happen to me this summer and determined the engine was trimmed down to the max and for whatever reason, that was binding up the steering. A little upward trim and it was fine. May not be the same for you.

Equally stiff turning left or right? The only time it is really equal is when the propshaft is parallel to the water (when the prop is taking an equally-angled bite, going up and coming down).

Back