2300 DV bow storage insulated

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you trying to do with them?

Even if they're insulated, the lids don't create much of an airtight seal, and the insulation is probably spray foam at best. All in all, they're likely to be equal to or less effective than a mediocre cooler.

If you're trying to keep ice in there for any extended period of time, I think you'll be pretty disappointed with the performance. Although they should be adequate for use as a fishbox for a day trip here and there.

Toss a bag or two of ice in there and see how long it lasts.

Thanks for replies.

Boat in Florida and I’m in Ohio. It’s for sale and someone asked me the question.

In the interim I may to use it as a fish box for long day trips to the Marathon Hump. I’ll just throw ice in there and see how it holds up vs the insulated rear transom cooler.

Appreciate replies.

It is insulated. It’s a layer of spray type foam on fish boxes. Like most boats it’s a layer, think coated. Heat loss is from the hard lids uninsulated.
Opening and closing a lot, and wind on ice, environmental heat. A piece of foil coated foam board does wonders if out for a long time or high heat. You can glue to top of all lids or just cut a piece some what smaller than the opening and lay on top of the ice and items in the ice.
Just laying a piece of foam board on top , you will be surprised the difference.

Back