2520 with 500 HP

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys keep talking hulls. Depending on the boat often times it’s the bracket if there is one that determines the max hp rating. I had a 2820. The bracket was rated for 500 hp max. A buddy had a new 28 and the bracket was rated for 600 hp. When I looked to repower i looked at changing the bracket to one rated for 600. Hulls were the same.
Did you verify that with Parker’s engineering department? There’s no independent rating for the hull and the bracket. There’s just one rating for the boat. So unless you verified that you were good to up the HP with the new bracket, either through the MFR or by an independent engineering analysis, you’re still risking the liability that comes with an overpowered boat.

I get the “same hull, new bracket, more HP” argument, but unless an engineer buys off on it, lawyers and liability courts aren’t interested in common sense.

My 2019 2530 has the newer bracket with twins on it that is stamped "MAX 300 HP/ENG" or something close to that but the sticker in the cockpit says "MAXIMUM 500 H.P. MOTOR". I am sure some would potentially try to argue that the placard is not plural as it doesn't have the "S" on the end of MOTOR and therefore you could put 2 300s and be under the label plate's limitation of 1 500 HP Motor. I am by no means knowledgeable on the lawyer side of things here and if that argument has any chance of standing up if there were to be an accident or otherwise. I am guessing since parker wont authorize 2 250s on a new boat that the label plate saying 500 HP MOTOR is the total HP rating and most engineers like a factor of safety so as a company they wont go right up to the limit.

That’s kind of what I thought the dealer would say.

But the Parker website clearly says 500 HP is the max for the hull. 🤷‍♂️ oh well.
It may be because of the bracket or they may not have purchased any F250s. I never did get an answer.

AK
Have you ever fished on a 25' DV with 200s? I believe that 200s power that hull pretty good.
I fish the same area you do out of a 2530 with 200 zuks and it has plenty of power. Far better than the 150s it came with.
I think the boat is already ass heavy and adding the heavier 250s will make it all the worse.
I get the thinking that the v6 will give you more grunt but the extra weight out back along with the fuel milage loss outweighs anything your looking to gain. 40 albies with a tote of ice and 4-5 guys and a 40 gallon bait tank the boat runs fine. pretty heavy but fine. Now I pack my fish in half totes in the cabin and not on the deck so that probably helps.
Now if I was going to repower again in the future I probably would look hard at the V6 Merc but for a new boat thats not an option.
Good luck in whatever you wind up doing.

Reactions: A-K
AK
Have you ever fished on a 25' DV with 200s? I believe that 200s power that hull pretty good.
I fish the same area you do out of a 2530 with 200 zuks and it has plenty of power. Far better than the 150s it came with.
I think the boat is already ass heavy and adding the heavier 250s will make it all the worse.
I get the thinking that the v6 will give you more grunt but the extra weight out back along with the fuel milage loss outweighs anything your looking to gain. 40 albies with a tote of ice and 4-5 guys and a 40 gallon bait tank the boat runs fine. pretty heavy but fine. Now I pack my fish in half totes in the cabin and not on the deck so that probably helps.
Now if I was going to repower again in the future I probably would look hard at the V6 Merc but for a new boat thats not an option.
Good luck in whatever you wind up doing.

Hey Mark!

Thanks for posting! You may or may not remember but we’ve met a couple times in Westport. I was the guy that had the trailer split a cross brace back in 2017 😫😂

I was asking because I have read that twin 200s are minimum power for that hull. But I’m going with what you just told me that 200s are probably best power.

If you’re offering, I’d like to catch a ride on your 2530. 👍

I kinda remember something with a trailer but to tell you the truth anymore I have a hard time remembering 5 days ago let alone 5 years,
I would be happy to take you out for either a spin or maybe a salmon trip this summer.
I will be in the middle of building a new house down here but I still plan on making time to catch a few salmon.
When the time gets closer I will reach out to you.
As to the 250s Im sure the get up and go is better along with the top speed.
Im for sure no expert and have never been on one with 250s but I do know how my boat sits in the water with the lighter 200s and I still take water in the scuppers with 3-4 guys standing towards the back of the boat. Just have a tough time thinking the juice is worth the squeeze as they say but I could definitely be wrong.
Nice boat BTW Sea Striker

I have a 2510 deep vee with twin 225’s mounted on the 3’rd hole. Awesome setup I wouldn’t go any lower than 400. Nameplate says 500 max.

My 2520 runs great with twin Yamaha 200s. I’ve run into a sister ship with twin 300s at the fuel dock several times; imagine that, lol.

Last edited:
My 2520 runs great with twin Yamaha 200s. I’ve run into a sister ship with twin 300s at the fuel dock several times; imagine that, lol.
And was the result of the conversations that surely pursue as to differences in GPH/mpg, cruising and top speeds?

Back