2530 Fuel Efficiency

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMD

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a 2005 2530 with twin 150 yam 4 strokes. Will post pics soon. I need to know what I should expect in fuel efficiency and whatever you tell me is that in nautical miles or regular. And what rpm range. I have all the fuel management guages. I was hoping to average close to 2 mpg but I am realizing I am pobably dreaming, especially on stop and go drift fishing. Also how much benefit do you think I will really see by raising the motor a hole. Also on an average tank run and looking at the total on the management gages what are your average kmh or mph.

I have the 2530 with twin 225s tower and an extra 90 gallon tank. I get about 1.2-1.3 mpg loaded up near 12k lbs. If i am relatively light and the conditions are nice i can get 1.5-1.6 mpg. I havent seen 2.0 mpg ever. an occasional 1.8 if im almost empty and the water is smooth. I switched props to the Rev 4 and raised the motor up 2 holes. Made a huge difference in my opinion. Not sure with the 150s you could go up two or just one. Depends on the props you switch to. I typically cruise in the high 20's when its a little choppy to low 40s when its nice.

DMD,
Attached is a performance bulletin from Yamaha. They used your set up. Great numbers for your boat throughout but I have some doubts about the full tank of fuel and a top speed of 45 mph. Their info also shows a t-top so I'm wondering if they have some information confused with another test. However, I'm sure these numbers are in the ball park. 4,000 rpms seems to be the sweet spot and will get you close to that 2 mpg.

Just realize that these tests are always in ideal conditions and the boats tested are new and don't have the added weight of a boat that's regularly used or has a few years behind it, nor does it have anything outside to add to wind resistance. Not to mention holding tanks, through hull fittings and strainers, additional transducers, and other items that cause water resistance.

I have a single F250 and in the bay on a calm day, I can hit 2 mpg with approximatley 3/4 tank of fuel (I hold 154 gallons) and two big adults. The older Deep V 2530s were sometimes rigged with a single engine. Part of the reason being a fuel tank being 20 gallons smaller than the new ones. But I'm still loaded with options including a strainer under the hull and two transom mounted transducers. All fuel and speed robbing accessories. My top speed with a full tank of gas, fishing gear, a couple of people, and a calm bay is about 35 mph. Throw in a chop, some two to three foot swells, and some boat traffic and I slow down significantly.

I keep my boat in Point Pleasant, NJ and usually fish in the ocean out of Manasquan inlet. With normal conditions, if I drive faster than 25 to 30 mph, I take a beating because of the South West winds. This type of operation normally puts me at about 1.5 mpg.

Hope this helps.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/prod ... 150txr.pdf

My 2530 with twin f200's sees a consistent 1.6-1.8 mpg according to the meter. When it is flat calm out and I can get everything trimmed out right I can see a steady 2.0 at around 3800-3900 rpm, 25 knts or so.

I top out at 39-40 knts at WOT with 15.5 x 19 three blade props. The problem I have is planing speed at low RPM in rough conditions when loaded to go fishing. I am thinking 4 blade props when funds allow. Also my engines are still mounted low from the factory, haven't tried to raise them yet.

Other than that I absolutely love my 2530.

Hey guys I just bought a 2005 2530 with twin 150 yam 4 strokes. Will post pics soon.

Hurry up, and don't forget to put some in the 2530 thread!!! :D :D :D 8)

Snapped some pics yesterday while running, this one came out best.
Notice the speed and efficiency, the GPS speed was 29.5 knts.

HPIM0500.jpg

Thanks Guys,
I have to get out this weekend and check some readings. Ill keep you posted

190 miles of open water across the Bahama bank and then across the stream i averaged 28 gph at 40 mph with a heavy boat 200 gallons of fuel 4 people and enough diving fishing personal items for a week. Averaged 1.4 mpg loaded. When unloaded over there was running 30mph at 20gph. saw a few times of 1.6mpg.

Brad what RPM's you turning at 40mph????

40 mph for me I'd be rattling my teeth out on an extended trip, maybe I'm just getting old.

I guess the extra 50hp you got makes a difference.

I was turning around 4700 RPM @ 40 mph. I was sitting down nice and easy in my new bouncy chair. And the girls were asleep on the bean bags in the back. I looked at your guages that you posted. If i get over 4000 rpm im running low to mid 30s. I was crusing around 3700 and running 28-29 mph most of the time when i was there. Those Rev 4's on my boat arent affected as much by weight as other props I have tried. I never will see 1.9 or 2.0 but the weight of my boat i dont ever expect to. I top out around 52 -54 mph at 6100 rpm. Doesnt matter the load on the boat i still turn that. I like to think the Rev 4 is like putting 4.10 gears on a truck from 3.73

i think they are 14.75 x 19's but yes the 19 pitch rev 4. the mirage plus was the fastest and most economical but didnt like the way it lifted the bow i think i hit 56 or so with the 19 mirage plus.

Back