2530 picture thread SHOW THEM OFF

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess winter is finally here. Three months and I'll be back in the water!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 899
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 899
Time to get this thread going again.

36650_539675065355_67402381_31658749_7904536_n.jpg

36650_539675025435_67402381_31658741_5009181_n.jpg

The other boat in this pic is my old one, wearing a new E-tec for this season.
34084_539674910665_67402381_31658735_3094305_n.jpg

Hello Parker guys....
I have the opportunity to buy a 1998 parker 2530 with a volvo penta kad 43 I/O diesel....
boat has alot of electronic options (GPS, Fishfinder, etc) but are kinda dated..1998....The boat also has very limited deck space because of the engine as you all may know. The engine has 300 hours on it and runs great, the engine experienced a bad tank of diesel so the flowscan was taken out and bypassed and a racor water separator was installed. the boat has Air condition, heat, toilet, flood lights, 130 Gallon fuel tank, electronic anchor, 24 mile radar, fuel managment, tilt, trim, duel D batteries with switch customly installed midship under the deck in the cabin, shore power, battery charger, VHF, behind the captains chairs there is custom cushioned bench type seats with storage under each of them. boat does 23 knots at 3300 rpm burning 8GPH.

My question is what should I expect to pay for this boat?....What would you pay for this boat?..... anything i should worry about or take a close look at if i do decide to buy this? Thank you very much..

Austin

I say go for it!

The numbers you posted in the other thread sound good, does it have a trailer?

Don't forget to post pics here when you get it.

Went down to the marina today. This weather is killing me!

Attachments

• Blackberry 030.jpg
    Blackberry 030.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Blackberry 031.jpg
    Blackberry 031.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 331
  • Blackberry 033.jpg
    Blackberry 033.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Blackberry 034.jpg
    Blackberry 034.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 331
Was planning on doing some Cod fishing this winter. So far, all I've done is shovel snow and slush out of it.

BlueSky":3r8tai0z said:
Nice Rig!

I was thinking of starting a "2530 registry" thread to get all 2530 owners to post pics.

It was an idea that Dale had to have a section for each model. Maybe if we just start a new thread this would work.

What do you think?

a section on the site for each model would a cool feature i think!

Thanks, Mike.

Obviously I have too much time on my hands with this weather. Here are a few more of my family finishing up the day trolling after some bottom fishing. Beautiful day fishing. Spring can't get here soon enough.

Attachments

• IMG00152.jpg
    IMG00152.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG00153.jpg
    IMG00153.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG00155a.jpg
    IMG00155a.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 595
Wow . . .

Fun to see the old thread come back. Thanks!

Here is a shot of Empty Pockets taken at the fuel dock in Monterey Ca on May 15 2011.

P5140051.jpg

We had just hosted two Disabled Veterans on Empty Pockets for the National Disabled Vetrans Championship Salmon Derby held in Monterey Bay California.

It was an honor to do so. You would not believe the stories our Warriors have. My God.

Hopefully it is acceptable with the Administrators that I post Empty Pockets Trip Report below.

Brief report: Over 400 Disabled Warriors . . . 14 Salmon . . . tough, tough, TOUGH love.

Kevin G.

-----------------------------

Robert and I picked up our Vets, supplies from the USCG Woman's Auxiliary, in Monterey at the USCG ramp about 5:45 Saturday morning. We got our Vets fitted for PFD's, a quick safety briefing while Robert got all the bumpers/lines stowed and out the Jaws we went.

We worked Point Pinos, Portuguese Ledge, Monterey Canyon, Soquel Hole, back to the Canyon, back to Point Pinos and back to the south side of Portuguese Ledge again.

I was on the Helm while Robert threw the Tackle Store at 'em. Two Downriggers, 4 rods, stacked to cover from 225 to 75 feet. Hoochies and Kajakis of all colors, some with plug cut Anchovy, some without, FBR's, two different sizes of flashers (8" & 11" with proper length leaders) in every color we had, even tried spinners and hardware, the only thing we didn't drag was an explosive . . . next time. I'm serious . . .

I even double checked the lunch, snacks and fruit the USCG Women's Auxiliary had provided to verify there weren't any Bananas . . . nope.

47.8 miles on the trip log from/to the Monterey Jaws for No Joy/No Love.

My track on the Plotter looked like there was a Drunken Sailor at the helm . . . we absolutely flogged it.

Robert has been fishing for Salmon for over 30 years on his own boats, he did a DAMN fine J.O.B. running the deck. There were VERY few times Robert had a chance to relax for the trip.

Thanks Robert . . . you were well above and beyond with your efforts.

Here is a shot of our Vets and Robert holding our 'Salmon', taken on the south side of Portuguese Ledge after we pulled 'em and were about to run to the dock . . . Lonnie, a Viet Nam Vet on the left, Robert, a Panama Conflict Vet in the middle and Robert on the right. Nice fish huh?

P5140048.jpg

The same shot but with me in the photo. Notice *I* am the only one with 'limits'! LOL!

P5140049.jpg

Recovered and back at Moss Landing after the Derby.

IMGP1716.jpg

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda . . . just not today.

Tight Lines, Fair Seas and Be Safe,

Kevin G.

Back