2530 picture thread SHOW THEM OFF

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan

Thanks for that answer. That is just what I expected. Those are very respectable numbers. I have a single 225hp on my 25ft flybridge boat and get very similar numbers myself. Everyone always expects the boat to be underpowered but I am very happy with a 25mph cruise and high 30s for top end. Its all about propping and set up. A properly setup and propped OB will last just as long given that it can turn up to WOT. An OB doesnt know if it is mounted on a 20ft bass boat swinging a 14x28 pitch prop or mounted on a 70ft barge swinging a 16 x 11 prop. If you cruise both at 4000 rpm and they can both reach recommended WOT then they will last the same amount of time.

I saw a 28ft Bertram in the Bahamas with a single OX66 250hp on a bracket that ran passengers all day. My next boat will be bigger with a single OB. I am very happy cruising from 22-25mph with a single. The simplicity makes it all worth it.

Thanks for sharing.

Captbone,
I agree. Its all about what your expectations are, how fast you want to go, and how its propped. Where I boat and fish, most times I can't go much faster than the cruise speeds I posted above without getting beat up. So the setup works well for me and my family in this area. But to add to your point, I believe I've even seen some posts here with 25' Parkers with only 150 hp. And while beating this dead horse, I know some commercial guys that don't need to go up on plane or faster than 10 kts. They use relatively small engines on heavy boats and go with very low pitched props. And the engines last for years.

Up late tonight and found this picture of our daughter taken this past summer. We were anchored up and swimming at Treasure Island in the Manasquan River. Water was less than two feet deep. And no, that's not a little fairy next to the steering wheel. Its a woman standing in the water in the background.

Attachments

• Parker Danielle Manasquan.jpg
    Parker Danielle Manasquan.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 560
Nice pic Primo!!!

Here's one from the summer a friend snapped of us.

268019_1956607269918_1084800091_31923227_1381070_n.jpg

HOLY SMOKES!!!! Is that the moon rising above the top of your pilot house????? :mrgreen:

Only two of us left in the water as of yesterday. Dreary day. A far cry from summer. Going to try to go out for blackfish and cod on Sunday if the weather cooperates. Check out Parker Row. This is at Schrader Yacht Sales and Canal Point Marina. Three more months and many will be back in the water.

Attachments

• IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 500
  • IMAG0149.jpg
    IMAG0149.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 500
Cool pic.

Interesting how they are all painted to follow the spray-chine. They must all be painted by the dealer.

Im sure this picture exists in one of these pages of this thread but I was going through pics on my work computer today and came across it, its one of my favorites, taken on a hot day in July after a great fluking day on my cousins Bryans 2530 much needed dip in the middle of LIS. Thats me in the middle :mrgreen:

Attachments

• PARKER DIVE.jpg
    PARKER DIVE.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 457
  • TOP OF PARKER.jpg
    TOP OF PARKER.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 456
Bryan hooked up with a tog on his 2530 10-18-12

Attachments

• Bryan2530.JPG
    Bryan2530.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 218
That is kinda what I want,BUT....Not near as elaborate. No sulky top...It would only get in the way of casting to sight fishing Cobia. No Open array to Hog that much deck space. Crows nest moved forward so the roof top A/C can be installed.

Kevin G.":irr0mwqn said:
Well nutz,

It seems that the photo's I posted a bit ago have gone away.

Here is a shot of Empty Pockets after I put her back in the storage facility transfer yard after a nice day of Rock Cod fishing. All nice and clean!

EmptyPockets.jpg

A nice Vermilion Rock Fish.

NiceVermillion.jpg

My buddy Robert with a nice 12 - 13 pound Ling Cod.

RobertsNICELing.jpg

A shot of the helm station after the install of a new 10.5 color Furuno NavNet2 and a Furuno Autopilot. Both Furuno MFD's are networked and Capt. "Otto Pilot" can receive waypoints from either MFD.

IMGP1229.jpg

Kevin G.

Nice boat Kevin. Hope to see you around SF bay someday. I do tow mine from L.A to SF time to time.

Sea Bass.....What is that round thing in the side of the hull, just below the pinstripes and above the trailer guide-on?

That is a starboard cover to put over your flush mount tank vent.

Parker was putting those on during the whole ethanol thing. Mine doesn't have one. Never had a problem.

This is my baby, when I got her a few years ago she was powered with a Volvo Penta v8 and a duopoop outdrive (im not fond of that power system). Anyway, I am right in the middle of repowering with a Suzuki 250 on an aluminum offshore bracket. I'll put up some pics of the process as it proceeds.

Attachments

• Parker Sunset.jpg
    Parker Sunset.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Parker Trailer.jpg
    Parker Trailer.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Erwin Silvers Halibut.jpg
    Erwin Silvers Halibut.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 121
Anyway, I am right in the middle of repowering with a Suzuki 250 on an aluminum offshore bracket

I have some ideas for you.

First I don't like square backing plates on the thru bolts that hold the bracket on. The sharp corners tend to dig in the glass. Round ones are OK, but there is still a better solution.

Use 4in U channel. It can be cut if you can't get the full length in for the top run. But it's in the details as to how well this comes out.

Plates were welded on the U channel to mount the Racors and the Bennett HPU. The edges of the U channel were drilled 3/16in holes every 6in and the ends were rounded off so you didn't have jagged points to rip your arm open on. The holes every 6in are there so that tye wraps can go thru them and do a neat job on your wiring and plumbing.

After the welding is all done and the holes drilled. Have the thing sand blasted, Then prime with Awlgrip 545 and paint with Awlgrip.

For coating the bilge. Use Shurwin Williams Tile Clad HS. In White. It is a true epoxy paint and will hold up to anything that you can throw at it. It cleans easy and it is a High Solid, so it will fill fiberglass weave like crazy. No primer is needed. Just sand the surface with 80gt on the DA and paint it.

TransomCavity003.jpg

TransomCavity004.jpg

TransomCavity002.jpg

Thanks for the advise! I really like the 4 inch U-channel idea, ive been trying to figure out the best way to brace the inside of the transom. One of the guys I talked to put an entire sheet (cut to fit of course) of 1/4 aluminum on the inside of his transom and suggested I do the same. I really dont think that is necessary for my Parker as the transom is so thick (he did it on a bayliner and I dont blame him!)

Here is what the old engine compartment looks like (its going to make a fabulous fish-hold):

Attachments

• engine compartment.jpg
    engine compartment.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 106

Latest posts

Back